Rotator Cuff Pain on Cycle

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I managed to slightly injure my rotator cuff while on cycle.

I have had a similar injury before I ever did a cycle. The pain occurs below the rear delt near the subscapularis?

I can isolate the pain by holding my arm at a 90 degree angle pointing forward and rotating the arm twoard the right side. As it turns twoard the right side I feel the pain.

The exersize I believe that is causing this is weighted close grip chins. I'm going to drop the exersize for now. I plan on taking it easy on the rotator cuff. I just wonder how long I should rest it.

Would 9 days be enough? I can function normally with the exception of the slight pain when i bend my arm at weird angles.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Train around it. When you complete your cycle and PCT, re-evaluate the situation. I hvae managed to train with less than stellar shoulders by adjusting my lifts (and cissus helps out as well).

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Train around it. When you complete your cycle and post cycle therapy, re-evaluate the situation. I hvae managed to train with less than stellar shoulders by adjusting my lifts (and cissus helps out as well).
Well it began to occur on flat bench, but didn't start bothering my until incline dumbell. Once it started bothering me, I stopped lifting completely.

I have been on cissus bulk powder for about 6-7 days now.

How many mg's should I be aiming for? I usually do 1 TBLspoon which is 2000 mg's I think.

Also, do you think 9 days is a reasonable amount of time off?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it began to occur on flat bench, but didn't start bothering my until incline dumbell. Once it started bothering me, I stopped lifting completely.

I have been on cissus bulk powder for about 6-7 days now.

How many mg's should I be aiming for? I usually do 1 TBLspoon which is 2000 mg's I think.

Also, do you think 9 days is a reasonable amount of time off?
I think its way too much time off. How do you take the cissus?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I think its way too much time off. How do you take the cissus?
Nutraplanet bulk powder form. I mix it with water and cycle support lol. As you can imagine, it tastes...horrible.

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Emo, I was in the same situation a couple of weeks ago. Week 11 of a Test E cycle and bam out of nowhere an inflamed rotator cuff, long story short I did lot's of squats and deads, iced the shoulder daily and used cissus for 2 weeks and I've been back to normal.....I'm using the same cissus but I capped it....god that must taste just awful.

jecko

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Emo, I was in the same situation a couple of weeks ago. Week 11 of a Test E cycle and bam out of nowhere an inflamed rotator cuff, long story short I did lot's of squats and deads, iced the shoulder daily and used cissus for 2 weeks and I've been back to normal.....I'm using the same cissus but I capped it....god that must taste just awful.

jecko

Week 11 must be the magic number because I'm using test-e, well just came off, and this is the same week I had the inflamtion. I sort of bridged into a mini havoc cycle.

How much cissus are you taking a day? Also, how long did you take off or did you just switch exersizes?

quigley

Awards
  • Established
don't screw around with your rotator cuff. Everyone trains their superficial muscles but the deeper ones like the rotator cuff are just as if not more important. If i where you id get straight to a physio find exactly whats wrong, grap some therobands and strengthen your rotator cuff under the physio's reccomendations. Can be a part of your overall routine, but at least make it a part and avoid any heavy shoulder excercises for now.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
in fact the moral of this whole post is everyone should include some rotator cuff strengthening excercises to their workouts every now and then! :)

jecko29

jecko29

Awards
  • Established
Week 11 must be the magic number because I'm using test-e, well just came off, and this is the same week I had the inflamtion. I sort of bridged into a mini havoc cycle.

How much cissus are you taking a day? Also, how long did you take off or did you just switch exersizes?
I'm taking about 4-6g of cissus daily and took two full weeks off of anything that would involve my shoulder at all, I was doing a lot of rehab stuff with bands and cables for mobility and it really helped.

jecko