Pain on Side Knee after Running, HELP!

1. Smile Pain on Side Knee after Running, HELP!

after i do my running recently i feel the pain on my right knee, i feel it on the outward side knee. And when i walk down the staircase, its tearing me like hell also when i walk up and press on the thigh, the same pain comes out. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to overcome them once and for all? I run on threadmill with gradient 1.5, speed 9.5 for total of 30 mins, sometimes 40 mins. Thank you

2. when i ask peope around me, they don't seem to know. All they tell me is run slower, rest for a while and stop running. I wanna keep up and train harder on cardio condition so i can't really stop. So any solution?
    •   

3. Sounds like iliotibial band syndrome to me

4. I had the same problem with my left knee. Unfortunately the only thing I found that helped was rest. I did also figure out the my problem was how my left foot was landing when I was running. When I was running my foot would land flat and would jar my knee.

I did light squats and walked and it helped my knee out alot. I also watched how I walked and made sure I landed heel first.

As difficult as it is I would recommend that you listen to your body and allow it to take a break so it can heal.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

5. thanks bro, i will try to adjust my leg according to what you said. Change my shoes. And thanks VtecTypeR, your info help me alot
    •   

6. I just got over this injury a few months ago. Your IT Band is getting irritated while you run. I found a stretch that helped me out. Place your right ankle on top of your left knee. Hold on to something and squat down like you are sitting down in a chair. Keep your ankle on top of your left knee. You should feel a stretch on the outside of your right knee. Do this before you run and after you run. I usually hold the stretch for about 15 seconds, relax, then do it again. Also, use ice and an anti-inflamatory. Good Luck!

7. Also use the foam roller. That will help you out a lot

8. your patella is not tracking correctly due to overtightening of your IT band. Research IT band stretches- and note, the IT band is NOT muscle, so when you do the prescribed stretches you will NOT feel it stretch Going for a check up with a physio is also something you should do.

9. thanks for each and everyone of ya'll help.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help deciding on what stack to run
    By madds87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM
  2. LG Science Trifecta Stack and Pain on my left rear side??? Help!
    By dudeguzman in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 01:43 PM
  3. PAIN ON RIGHT SIDE WHEN PRE LOADING CYCLE SUPPORT?????
    By twistedfords in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
  4. Knee pain on 4th week of TRT.
    By Trevor Miller in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 10:41 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM