- 04-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I have a problem with military press I cannot get past 90lbs.
My weight is 156lbs I can squat 160(5x),bench150(5x),bo row 140(5X),and deadlift 200(5x).Every week I add 5-10lbs per exercise.I use Bill Starrs 5x5 routine but I'm stuck military pressing only 90(3x). thanks for any advice
- 04-16-2007, 12:14 AM
What else do you do for triceps and shoulders? Those could be your weak muscle and they are the primary movers in MP.
04-16-2007, 05:51 AM
90pound dumbells or 90 pounds on a barbell? You could just be taxing the ever loving hell out of your shoulders which is why you're at a standstill on that exercise.
04-16-2007, 08:21 AM
I do 3 sets of standing curls and 3 sets of weighted dips on Friday only. I use barbells
Monday-Squats(5x5),barbell benchpress(5x5),Bo row(5x5.)
Wed Squats(-20% Mondays weight)(5x5), Standing MILITARYPRESS (5x5). and Deadlift(5x5).
Friday Squats (4x5),(1x3)(add-5lbs from Mondays last set),
(1x8-same as 3rd set.Ido same for benchpress and BO row.
Standing curls/Weighted dips(3x8) Agains thank you for the advice Joe
04-16-2007, 09:57 AM
04-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Rugger in forum Training ForumReplies: 39Last Post: 05-26-2008, 05:33 PM
- By heavyduty in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 09-19-2006, 09:44 PM
- By flytrapcan in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
- By CyberMuscle in forum Training ForumReplies: 26Last Post: 01-26-2006, 09:56 AM
- By Rock Lee in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-15-2004, 01:03 PM