Trying to minimize my thighs

lhatch

Awards
I have been working out for a month and have already seen results which is great but I have a small dilemma - my legs are getting bigger! My ultimate goal is to get smaller - fit into my old jeans and maintain muscle definition. I have been doin 4 sets of 15 with light weight and 30 mins of cardio before all of my workouts. Is it my diet I need to work on??? What do I do?!

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I have been working out for a month and have already seen results which is great but I have a small dilemma - my legs are getting bigger! My ultimate goal is to get smaller - fit into my old jeans and maintain muscle definition. I have been doin 4 sets of 15 with light weight and 30 mins of cardio before all of my workouts. Is it my diet I need to work on??? What do I do?!
Yes, it's your diet, most likely. You need to remove the fat layer on top of those muscles you are working. ;)

Have you been dieting? What does your daily food intake look like? If you've been maintaining your weight for a couple weeks, you are eating around maintenance, given the level of exercise you are currently doing. So now you need to increase your caloric deficit which can be done with a combination of eating less and increasing your cardio.

You mentioned you do 30 minutes of cardio before workouts - how many days/week do you do that. (Plus, I would never recommend doing cardio before weights. Ideally, you'd do it on separate days or after your weight workouts - not before).

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
You're probably gaining muscle. Don't concentrate on size, concentrate on fat loss. You can get bigger while losing fat.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well since youve been working out for a short time your body will respond to training and your going to gain muscle easily. If you eat less calories you won't put on muscle. Also doing heavy sets with low volume would help prevent size and focus more on strength. I wouldn't recommend that type of training for a beginner though and would hold of at least a year.