Pain when doing curls

blunted97

Awards
When I do any kind of curls ( preacher, hammer, concentration, etc...) My forearm sometimes feels like it is going to snap in half, and it can even be a weight that I can do 20 reps. But it is worse if go alot heavier I was just wondering if anyone else has had this feeling? Thanks

Beige

Awards
  • Established
Dude that's bugged out. Sometimes I get pain in my elbow on curls, but that's it. Do you ever work your forearms? Maybe your bi's are strong enough to lift weight that your forearm can't support yet.

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
I have the same problem with my forearms. It especially hurts when I do EZ bar or barbell preacher curls. I have very strong forearms, so I don't believe that is the problem. I would like to hear if anyone has any advice on how to help this problem because I like to to preacher curls.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does the pain get worse when you let go of the weight?

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
ahhh i love this feeling!!! if it hurts it works lol

blunted97

Awards
Ya Hduece7 it is the same for me the pain is worse on the preacher curls which does suck because like you I like doing them too.

blunted97

Awards
Hey thanks rpen22 I checked out that link you put up there seems to have a lot of good info. I am going to give some of them a try and I'll post up here what worked for me. Thanks

dalvare1

dalvare1

Awards
I understand where you are coming from. What I think works when I am having wrist problems is to go to the cables. Nice and slow controlled movements. And use ice when you are done. Never hesitate to ease up and let it rest. Dont get injured.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A friend told me the reason for this is no forarm work. Work your forarms and itll stop. Since Ive been workign forarms this has stopped. Yes esp on the preacher machine..thats the solution

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think that lack of forearm strength definitely played a role in my problem. I was depending on wrist straps exclusively throughout my back workouts, which was a very big mistake. Once I dropped the straps, gradually my forearm pains got better. I still, to this day, never use straps. I've found that I can lift more just by using chalk instead, especially when deadlifting.