For Wider, Rounder Delts

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Old-school training mags used to call them cannonball delts - shoulders that look big and round from all angles. In this article, Tim Wescott shows an effective routine for getting those huge shoulders, whether you're a beginner or an advanced trainer.
For Wider, Rounder Delts | Mind and Muscle

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
My delts are in pain reading that.
Great link, thanks!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
M-and-M is such a great source of information for training, nutrition, and supplements.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, but both of my rotator cuffs started twinging when I read behind-the-neck presses. I think I heard my left supraspinatus say, "don't even think about it a-hole!".

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
i love doing behind the neck presses. i only bring the bar down to ear level, then back up. have you tried warming up your rotator cuffs first?

evoVIII

evoVIII

Awards
I have previously torn my right rotator cuff, it's unracking the barbell that gives me trouble. then again it was pulling back too fair that ripped it.

stupid doctor told me i wouldn't be able to press ever again or overhead movements.

i gotta try this delt workout, need something to shock em. no growth for awhile now

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
I tried this workout today and it was pretty intense. Instead of doing the Bradford presses I am going to do front presses next time. I need to work my front delts a little more. This routine mostly focuses on your medial delts. The behind the back lateral raises were a very good change for my usual routine. I am going to incorporate them more.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I tried this routine today! BRUTAL!!!

Those Bradford presses were murder! :head: My last shoulder w/o I used 65 DB's for 8 reps. Today I was doing 75 lbs (TOTAL - WITH the bar!) for these and I was straining! It was a great workout. I could see much more pump in my rear and side delts!

Reps to you Quinc for posting! Thanks bro! :thumbsup: