Supplementing cardio

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Posted a thread over in the supplement section about this topic, but I may get more info from this section.

I'm wondering what supplements will help increase cardio capacity. I normally run 2-5 mile distances, and my goal is to reach a 18 minute 3 mile run. My goal is speed, not fat loss, although that a great addition.

Any supplements that would be good for running?
I was contemplating these -
*Anabolic Pump and DCP
*CEE
Super Cissus RX - probably not needed if running AP
Citrulline Malate

The supplements with a * are supplements I'm currently taking, but I'm nearly out of AP and DCP.

Any ideas for a stack for running? Again my goals are NOT to lose fat, but that is a welcome side goal. My goal is to be able to run faster, longer, and more efficiently. I would not be suprised if there are no real supplements for running, just takes doin it, but I thought I'd look for ideas anyways.

Thanks for any input!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA's
Beta-Alanine
glycerin

I would imagine that DCP would hinder your performance, due to it's TTA content.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Definitly going to look into beta-alanine and the other one... good heads up!

And DCP!? More harm than good for cardio!? Can I ask that you elaborate please? TTA is somewhat of a mystery to me... don't know too much about it aside from it being a repartitioning agent that can cause slight cramping.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA's
Beta-Alanine
glycerin

I would imagine that DCP would hinder your performance, due to it's TTA content.
DCP helped my endurance because of the PLCAR. Rhodiala is a good adaptogen that also helps w/ endurance.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Oh darn, now I'm caught in the middle.

One thing is for sure though - I plan on purchasing some beta-alanine from NP ooooraaahhh
However, supplements online that contain it dose it at around 1g. Nutraplanet is dosing at "3-4g, TWICE a day". Whaaaaaat!? Any ideas on how to approach?

So far I'm looking at:
AP
DCP (possibly... contemplating, hoping for more info)
Beta-Alanine
Citrulline Malate

Dosing on Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate would be of a huge help! Remember for running purposes... not sure if they would be different for a weight training pre-workout supplementation.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DCP helped my endurance because of the PLCAR. Rhodiala is a good adaptogen that also helps w/ endurance.
I didn't think DCP had Rhodiola in it.

I agree that PLCAR will help with endurance (as would ALCAR), but TTA (for me at least) weakens my performance. From my experiences, TTA can cause cramps and has a strength sapping effect. I mean, I take 500mg TTA on an empty stomach prior to cardio to (hopefully) increase fat-burning, but I'm not going for time trials. I don't take it prior to lifting because my lifts go down when I do.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't think DCP had Rhodiola in it.

I agree that PLCAR will help with endurance (as would ALCAR), but TTA (for me at least) weakens my performance. From my experiences, TTA can cause cramps and has a strength sapping effect. I mean, I take 500mg TTA on an empty stomach prior to cardio to (hopefully) increase fat-burning, but I'm not going for time trials. I don't take it prior to lifting because my lifts go down when I do.
Sorry, I meant he could add Rhodiola in addition to DCP.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Also, my endurance skyrocketed on MANs BodyOctane. It combines many of the afore mentioned. If I ever run tren for real, I will run this alongside it no questions. ED