Help me Heal My Wrist and Still Make Gains

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
My wrist has been f'd up for almost 2 months now. I hurt it when I was partying one night, and really tore up, and thought it would be a good idea to punch an arcade punching machine maybe 30 times to try to get the high score.:drunk: :frustrate

For a couple days it was so bad I couldn't even drive without excruciating pain. It's gotten better since then, but I've been working out through the pain ever since it got to a point where I could tolerate it.

I've been back in the gym for almost 3 months solid now, after way too long of being a lazy ass. I can't just take time off completely, and I would have a really hard time being convinced to just train my left (good) arm and legs. Maybe it's the meathead in me:hammer:

Barbell bench hurts probably the most. I haven't tried bent over BB rows but I don't think I can do them at all really. I can DB row okay, it just hurts a little more with heavier weight, but not like Benching. Some back stuff hurts if I'm not really strict and controlled with my pulling. Deadlifting is not too bad, I can hammer curl but not regular curl or bar curl. It hurts a good amount to hold the bar when I squat, so I only try to do 1 set and move to something else.

It really sucks because I'm still making gains. Before I hurt my wrist I was benching 185X8, now I can do 185X11 and still feel like I have more in me, but the wrist is the limiting factor. My deadlift went from 315X10 the day I hurt myself, to 365X9 two weeks ago.

Comments, suggestions please?:box:

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I'd wait til the wrist heals, why risk perm damage? Hopefully others will chime in too :)

sean taylor

sean taylor

West Coast Highland Athlete
Awards
  • Established
I agree...
I fracture mine and have not worked out for 3 weeks now.
I an antsy and grumpy as hell for no gym but better 4 weeks out of the gym than perm damage.
And since I am a Highland athlete and it is my throwing hand, I really cannot afford to do perm damage.
Just take time off and rest up bro...we have years to work out...

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i read somewhere about this cream they use on horses legs that works really well for bodybuilders aswell. it smells like feet and a ss but it works wonders. (so i hear)

sean taylor

sean taylor

Awards
  • Established
Get some cissus.
I am using Osteobolin-C and it is working great, no longer wearing the brace on my forearm and the sweeling is all gone.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Get some cissus.
I am using Osteobolin-C and it is working great, no longer wearing the brace on my forearm and the sweeling is all gone.
Thanks, I think I'll look into getting some cissus for sure tomorrow.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Okay Prima's 40% or USP Labs Super Cissus? With or without Prima Elastamine (Glucosamine,Chondroitin,etc.)?

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
is it sprained or broken or tendinitis???

I strained my wrists badly in high school playing football and lifting too much. It got so bad I had to wear wrist wraps during the day just to function. I started mega dosing vitamin b6 and the pain went away completely. I've never had a problem since then.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
They did about 10 X-rays and said no fractures, so I guess sprained.:think:

sean taylor

sean taylor

Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus is more for anabolic effect than healing.
I believe when the percentage gets higher you lose the healing properties and go more into the anabolic properties.
I would say just buy bulk cissus from NP and chase it down with OJ or get the Osteobolin-C

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
You know how much of the bulk cissus I would need to dose per day?

sean taylor

sean taylor

Awards
  • Established
Well Osteo is 600mg and you take 4 = 2400mg. The bulk is 700mg per 1/4 tsp so I would say...1tsp...

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
you can take as much as 10 g a day, depence how broke you are, but bulk powder is dirt cheap.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
you can take as much as 10 g a day, depence how broke you are, but bulk powder is dirt cheap.
I'm pretty broke as far as my wrist goes. I'm good on cash right now. Is it the consensus that more is better? Will 10g/day heal me faster than 2-3g/day? What do you think about the 40% Primaforce stuff DmitryWI?

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm gonna try the Primaforce 40% and Elastamine, which I'll keep updates on. I also picked a wrist brace today which helped a lot with my back workout.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I'm gonna try the Primaforce 40% and Elastamine, which I'll keep updates on. I also picked a wrist brace today which helped a lot with my back workout.
im going to get some too. to PREVENT any problems.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I bought my bulk cissus from CNW and NutraPlanet long time ago and I still have ****ing pile of it. LOL
As far as more is better goes, I know it will give you more anabolic propeties but I'm not sure about healing faster. But since you are ok on money have fun and either way it will do you good.