grip strength

B

BACKMAN

Awards
does anyone know of a good website for grip strengtheners? i would like some that actually have some resistance, not the typical one you see in the store where you have to do 1000 reps to feel a burn. thanks for your help in advance

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well here is a couple things...
the best thing i have found that works for grip is...

-Jiu Jitsu and **Judo**
-hanging on a bar for 3 minutes straight (if you can)
-dont use straps when you do heavy lifts just be a man and squeez the sh1t out of the bar or dumbell.
-ivanko supper gripper i think atp prowriststraps has them.

you should have really good grip if you do all the above.

but honestly.. there is nothing like good old hardcore JUDO training. you cant f*ck with it, you just cant.
anyone that does Judo knows what im talking about.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
does anyone know of a good website for grip strengtheners? i would like some that actually have some resistance, not the typical one you see in the store where you have to do 1000 reps to feel a burn. thanks for your help in advance
I used to have some weak grip strength, I did 3 exercises tossed into my normal routine:

Towel Chins
100lb DB carries X 5 minutes
10lb plate grip sessions

Towel Chins: Chin ups using a towel over each side of the bar and holding onto the ends of the towels only.

100lb DB carries: Picking a 100lb dumbell in each hand and walking around the gym for 5 minutes without dropping them (this takes TIME!)

10lb plate grip sessions: gripping a 10 pound plate with your fingers extended and holding it parallel to the ground for as long as possible without dropping it (drop sets work well here 10/5/2.5)