hyperplasia through training?

1. hyperplasia through training?

Is this possible? I feel naturally I can't go past a certain point and I read that the only way to do this is through IGF-1. There isn't any training modifications the can produce hyperplasia?

2. Training can only lead to hypertrophy, not hyperplasia.
    •   

3. As insulin binds to IGF-1R you could argue it's possible to induce hyperplasia naturally.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Training can only lead to hypertrophy, not hyperplasia.
    Are you sure? I have read it leads to both, with lower reps favouring hyperplasia.

5. You could try hanging weights off your arms for 20 some hours per day. I think that's what they did to birds and it produced hyperplasia.
    •   

6. it's part of the idea behind DC extreme stretching.

7. As far as I have read, this is still an unknown. There are studies on both sides of the fence.

8. Well, I beleive hyperplasia can occure through training.
    High reps. Hyperplasia occurs naturally in the first place, what makes it stop?
    There is a study I found on the muscle cross sections of swimmers' delts, compared. Obviously, while fiber size is not increased, the amount was. coincidence?
    let me see if I ca ndig up my old ass thread...

mind you, this "seems" like back in the day... so be nice :P It does talk about maxamizing hyperplasia when using IGF, as well as training methoeds, and some natural references...

IGF-1 Training protocal: Hyperplasia

9. I remember a study from back in college. A couple younger guys that had died in car accidents had both left their bodies to science for study. Just regular guys I believe, not big lifters. The researchers disected both anterior tibs on the guys. In both, their dominant legs had around 20% more fibers than the non-dominant legs.

But then you've got the chicken-and-the-egg thing. Were they born with more fibers in one leg, thus causing that leg to become dominant -or- did they develope more finbers in that leg because it was dominant. More than likely it's the later one, but no way to prove it in humans at the moment.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hyperplasia Training ...
    By sportsbro21 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
  2. IGF-1 Training protocal: Hyperplasia
    By xtraflossy in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
  3. whats your favorite muscle to train?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat