hyperplasia through training?

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this possible? I feel naturally I can't go past a certain point and I read that the only way to do this is through IGF-1. There isn't any training modifications the can produce hyperplasia?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Training can only lead to hypertrophy, not hyperplasia.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
As insulin binds to IGF-1R you could argue it's possible to induce hyperplasia naturally.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
You could try hanging weights off your arms for 20 some hours per day. I think that's what they did to birds and it produced hyperplasia.

Vipersg123

Vipersg123

Awards
  • Established
it's part of the idea behind DC extreme stretching.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
As far as I have read, this is still an unknown. There are studies on both sides of the fence.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, I beleive hyperplasia can occure through training.
High reps. Hyperplasia occurs naturally in the first place, what makes it stop?
There is a study I found on the muscle cross sections of swimmers' delts, compared. Obviously, while fiber size is not increased, the amount was. coincidence?
let me see if I ca ndig up my old ass thread...

mind you, this "seems" like back in the day... so be nice :p It does talk about maxamizing hyperplasia when using IGF, as well as training methoeds, and some natural references...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/39126-igf-1-training.html

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I remember a study from back in college. A couple younger guys that had died in car accidents had both left their bodies to science for study. Just regular guys I believe, not big lifters. The researchers disected both anterior tibs on the guys. In both, their dominant legs had around 20% more fibers than the non-dominant legs.

But then you've got the chicken-and-the-egg thing. Were they born with more fibers in one leg, thus causing that leg to become dominant -or- did they develope more finbers in that leg because it was dominant. More than likely it's the later one, but no way to prove it in humans at the moment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 9
Training Forum 6
backatit IGF-1/GH 0
IGF-1/GH 7
sportsbro21 Training Forum 7