Poll: How do you rep them out?

What do you rep your deadlifts?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. I'll stop and lift it just before it touches the ground.

*2000th post*..."Ye had so much potential, YAR."
    •   

2. I stop right before the weight hits the floor, but on the last rep or two, I may leave it on the floor, take a few seconds, and pull the ***** up again...or at least try to anyway.

3. I rest it on the floor. This is the best for strength gains as getting it of the floor is the hardest for most people. Training with a bounce might be better for muscle gains because you will get more reps.
    •   

4. I usually let it rest on the ground for a second and reset my grip. The weight tends to slam the ground hard though, since I get kind of get light-headed when I reach the top of my rep on the heavier weight =/

5. I don't slam, I touch gently and then go. I'm like others, I rest pause the last 4 reps. If I am doing heavy weights like 580+ I'll usually rest on all reps...

6. I let the weight resume its starting position(the ground), wait 2 seconds , lift and hold 2 seconds at the top. Repeat until nausea.

Is there any other way? :dl:

7. I lower it to the ground, rest it for half a second to a second then bring it back up.
  8. vision

their called DEADlifts for a reason

9. im with mullet for the most part. ill gently touch the weight on the floor before attempting my next rep. the eccentric part of the movement is usually pretty slow and completely controlled for me. i was unaware that so many people rest the weight on the floor. the first rep is always the hardest and every single rep would be identical to that zero momentum starting rep. why would anyone wanna do that ouch! ill have to give it a try next time. however, with rack pulls, i do rest the weight.

10. I touch down, but don't stop unless my grip is slipping. Controled on the way down though so no slamming.

11. I rest the weight every time - Seems logical.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote View Post
    I'll stop and lift it just before it touches the ground.

*2000th post*..."Ye had so much potential, YAR."
    funny ive been here a while and never heard of you where the hell have i been???

13. Im a big anti-deadlifting moron.

Due to injury. But back when I did them in my early twenties I would set the bar on the ground, release, return to verticle then bend back down, grab bar, lift and repeat.

14. Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Im a big anti-deadlifting moron.
    Could be worse, you could be a tiny anti-deadlifting moron. It's good to be optimistic about these sort of situations. As I recall from another thread, CDB was saying your way is techinically "the proper way" to deadlift.

15. is it cool to deadlift like two times a week?
    on cycle.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    is it cool to deadlift like two times a week?
    on cycle.
    NO!

17. no no no buddy. rest your little hand for a second.
    can I deadlift twice a week? not your avarege bear.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    no no no buddy. rest your little hand for a second.
    can I deadlift twice a week? not your avarege bear.
    IMO not a good idear.

19. Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    IMO not a good idear.
    ok then. you heard the man!! Once a week!!

20. but just tell me why its such a bad idea.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    but just tell me why its such a bad idea.
    DL taxes the CNS too much. You can't really recover in less than a week. I think a lot of people even DL every other week for this reason. Like alternate weeks DL and squat.

22. I do each rep the way I started off the ground. I see some guys bounce it and I think that the way to injury.

23. Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    DL taxes the CNS too much. You can't really recover in less than a week. I think a lot of people even DL every other week for this reason. Like alternate weeks DL and squat.
    yep.

24. I don't like repping deadlifts at all. The first one is the hardest. so if your trying to get a bigger deadlift it seems more effective to only train the hardest rep...the first one. For this reason, I prefer to do singles with very short rest periods between each one.

I do however do deadlifts for reps...just not often. If your training for a specific muscular development besides increasing single lift strenght I'm sure deadlifting for reps is very usefull. In that case if you still want to focus on the explosive power and proper hip development...pause it.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    is it cool to deadlift like two times a week?
    on cycle.
    When I train high volume, I'll often deadlift twice per week (stiff-legs on leg day day and either rack pulls or regular with back), but then again I'm crazy and would rather overtrain than not deadlift.

The guy I lift with will tell you straight up: Deadlifts are my answer to everything.

26. Stiff leg and regular are two different animals.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you mix your bulk NP BCAA's with?
    By Deccadick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 11:16 PM
  2. What do you tell your doctor?
    By Nullifidian in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 02:47 AM
  3. what do you mix your superdrol powder with? part two
    By John Smeton in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 04:58 AM
  4. what do you mix your superdrol powder with?
    By John Smeton in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 04:11 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:50 PM