FIX ME -- Upper Bicep/Delt Pain

1. Senior Member
    Answers

Question FIX ME -- Upper Bicep/Delt Pain

I've been having difficulty with machine bicep curls as of late in regards to my left side. For tha longest time I was doing great and continuing to get stronger, a little faster than I thought possible and maintained a good bit of this into my cut. Recently however I've been experiencing pain/ excessive inflammation/ weakness on tha front upper portion of my bicep near my armpit area and what feels like what attaches up underneath my front delt. After a bout of a good set or two I feel as if someone throttled me in tha shoulder... as I said, super inflamed and feels a bit numb... I pretty much end up losing all strength. So I'm going to lay off for a while but I don't know if it's from overuse as in bicep tendonitis, bad form due to my imbalance, or a combination of tha two.

I'm up for suggestions...

2. Registered User
    Answers

You should defenetly see a doctor, particurly because you say you have numbness. I would lay off that area in the meantime.

3. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic
    You should defenetly see a doctor, particurly because you say you have numbness. I would lay off that area in the meantime.
    Only after performing that exercise... what I need to do is find a good ART practitioner IMO.

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Try a bi movement that doesnt have you pulling forward with your delts to assist your bi curl. some movements more than others have you primed to initiate your pull with your delts, maybe this is aggrevating the condition. you could have a rotor imbalace hows the front/rear dlet ratio? try adding in some rotor cuff exercises?

5. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    Try a bi movement that doesnt have you pulling forward with your delts to assist your bi curl. some movements more than others have you primed to initiate your pull with your delts, maybe this is aggrevating the condition.
    I think you're right, point taken. Thanks for tha advice... maybe I'll just let this heal up a bit and start out with lower reps rather than ball buster weight. I think that's more or less how I got into trouble in tha first place plus I'm cutting so recovery is slow.

I really don't have other options as a replacement movement.

6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad
    I think you're right, point taken. Thanks for tha advice... maybe I'll just let this heal up a bit and start out with lower reps rather than ball buster weight. I think that's more or less how I got into trouble in tha first place plus I'm cutting so recovery is slow.

I really don't have other options as a replacement movement.
    I throw down a switch to alleviate any elbow/shoulder pain and build peaks. tuck elbows back and into your sides and dont move em, the upper arm is rigid and the range of motion is slightly hindered you should touch tops of your thigh and only be able to curl to your nipples if upper arm stays rigid. Use lighter weight, give it a try.

7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

Sounds like it might also be bicepital tendonitis, which is something I had problems with for a LONG time.

Bump on stretching and icing...especially before workouts, get good and warm.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

8. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    Sounds like it might also be bicepital tendonitis, which is something I had problems with for a LONG time.

Bump on stretching and icing...especially before workouts, get good and warm.

Thanks to all... especially you sweetie.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. create me a bicep and quad speacialization routine
    By gidemon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:38 AM
  2. Shoulder/Bicep/Elbow Pain
    By Gharet in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM
  3. Delt pain
    By w00kie in forum Exercise Science