why my legs take a week to recover? - AnabolicMinds.com

why my legs take a week to recover?

1. New Member

why my legs take a week to recover?

since i have been training my legs take about 1 week to recover where as my upperbody takes only 2 days to recover. can anyone tell me why this happens?

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    since i have been training my legs take about 1 week to recover where as my upperbody takes only 2 days to recover. can anyone tell me why this happens?
    How long you been training your legs for? Usually only takes mine 2 days to recover even if they hurt a whole lot more then anywhere else after a really good leg day.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.

My legs recover mid-rep, I know nothing of pain!

What's your workout routine for legs?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Does your post meal vary on leg days, some report nausea with leg training and maybe the nausea contributes to the post workout glycogen window being missed and causeing DOMS. I get the same problem and it could be sheer size of the musclegroups or the dificulty in streching them.
  5. New Member

i have been training for 6 years, it started happening about a year ago. with legs i do leg extensions 8x3, squats 10x1, 8x1, 6x1, 4x1, standing hamstring curls 8x3, standing calve raises 8x3. i don't get nausea but sometimes i get the feeling like i am going to pass out. i breathe properly when i do work out and post meal is about the same after every workout.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    i have been training for 6 years, it started happening about a year ago. with legs i do leg extensions 8x3, squats 10x1, 8x1, 6x1, 4x1, standing hamstring curls 8x3, standing calve raises 8x3. i don't get nausea but sometimes i get the feeling like i am going to pass out. i breathe properly when i do work out and post meal is about the same after every workout.
    Maybe its just as simple as a big muscle needs more resources and time to heal a larger area. The body can heal the larger muscle groups at the same rate as the smaller upper body couterparts, but due to the sheer size a larger time frame is needed. try eating more of everything post workout and so if this chages slightly. Could just need time.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted
    Maybe its just as simple as a big muscle needs more resources and time to heal a larger area. The body can heal the larger muscle groups at the same rate as the smaller upper body couterparts, but due to the sheer size a larger time frame is needed. try eating more of everything post workout and so if this chages slightly. Could just need time.

I was thinking the samething. I've also noticed if I miss a leg day or two once i do go and do them it takes longer for them to heal.
  8. New Member

Thanks for all the advice and help.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 11:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 02:12 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 05:45 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:16 PM