- 12-24-2008, 09:50 AM
- 12-24-2008, 11:44 AM
- 12-24-2008, 02:03 PM
12-25-2008, 03:42 PM
depth is key!!! i go as far down as i can go before its impossible to push the weight back up. the speed also important; keep it slow.
12-26-2008, 05:40 PM
12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
01-06-2009, 02:11 AM
i don't get a good workout from squats unless i go as low as i can. i don't quite go to the point where calves meet hams but definitely lower than parallel.
full ROM is definitely vital when squatting.
i also start with low rep/heavy sets and finish with high rep/lighter set to ensure i get good pump.
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I think anyone should go in a comfortable range of motion starting out. Explore the depth at some point. I personally like to go very deep but that is me. Unless you are a powerlifter I wouldnt worry that much about it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By chainsaw in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-14-2014, 04:42 PM
- By EC1023 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 10Last Post: 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
- By ChaseRoy in forum General ChatReplies: 29Last Post: 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 48Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:53 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-14-2003, 06:18 AM