- 12-26-2006, 12:11 AM
i finally got my diet,training,supps in order and yesterday i discovered some swollen lump formed near groin...
im not sure if it is a hernia but i wanted to know what others think and what are your experiences with them?
-it is a small oval/round shape and fairly hard
-it does not really hurt or bother me and only feels irritating/small pain when i push it
- it does not push in or out and it is near the pubic bone where the leg meets the pelvis- about an inch below the V shaped ab muscle and closer to the middle
-i do alot of ab and weigted inversion exercises for the abdomen as well
what do you guys think? i hope i dont need surgery
- 12-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Does is act up or start hurting when you are lifting/running, or applying any pressure to your body in the form of exercise?
- 12-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I had one repaired senior year in high school. THe surgery isn't so bad, it's typically laparasopic with usually great results. See your primary care and let him know. It is better to repair when small in an athlete to avoid increasing its size which could then lead to trouble if bowel starts to sneak up there.
Best of luck
Originally Posted by gotDOMS
12-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeh, I would probably go see your doc right away reguardless. Let us know how this turns out. GL bro
12-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a hernia to me. But I'm not a doctor.
If it is, the surgery nowadays is a cake walk. Three little holes and thier done in no time. It's out patient. A buddy of mine was back in the gym the next week.
When I had mine back in high school I had the old school, 4 inch incision. In bed for a few days, couldn't laugh, sneeze, ****, fart, anything...
Now its pretty easy.
12-27-2006, 10:56 AM
I would get this checked right away and stop lifting heavy untill then. I had all the same symptoms that you described, I thought it was a pulled groin at first. It turned out to be Inguinal Hernia. I had the surgery by an Army doctor, but they did the old cut and sew back up job. I had a mesh put in also. It's been three months now and I finally can lift heavy again.
Similar Forum Threads
- By max-rot98 in forum General ChatReplies: 88Last Post: 04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
- By MF210 in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 07-26-2005, 12:58 AM
- By jxhopper in forum General ChatReplies: 26Last Post: 03-08-2005, 05:38 PM
- By randydogsf in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2005, 11:14 PM
- By blinky in forum General ChatReplies: 22Last Post: 06-11-2003, 12:49 AM