gym 2x a day?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
What is your opinion on lifting 2x a day?

Here is my split, specialized to bring my arms up to match my torso...

Bi’s/tri’s
Quads
Off
Back
Chest/delts
Off
Off

I was planning on doing tri's in the morning on mondays and bi's 5-6 hours later. This way I can go all out on each set. I dont see any problem there. However, since delts are hit with chest, I'm not sure about doing chest in the AM and delts later that day.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
You have other delt workouts that won't hit them at the same angle. Twice a day is fine as long as your calorie intake is good to cover it. I started burning calories like a stove when I did this.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
You have other delt workouts that won't hit them at the same angle. Twice a day is fine as long as your calorie intake is good to cover it. I started burning calories like a stove when I did this.
I wasnt planning on doing any more volume, so I dont think I will burn much more calories. As for the delts, I am going to do 3 sets each of DB presses and glass laterals. This doesnt work the front delts too much.

Dros120

Awards
Hitting delts in the same day as chest has worked very well for me. To do both in the same session takes way too long to be effective and it is difficult to spread them out across a split and allow for the most recovery.

By hitting them all out in the same day, you will allow 6 full days of recovery and there will be no compromise on the volume used on each muscle.

This really works well for Quads / Hams also.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Hitting delts in the same day as chest has worked very well for me. To do both in the same session takes way too long to be effective and it is difficult to spread them out across a split and allow for the most recovery.

By hitting them all out in the same day, you will allow 6 full days of recovery and there will be no compromise on the volume used on each muscle.

This really works well for Quads / Hams also.

How much volume do you usually use for chest and delts?

Dros120

Awards
For chest I usually do 16-18 sets. Incline press (bench, db, or smith), Flat press (bench, db, or smith), Incline fly, crossover or fly machine, pullover.
Delts is usually about 15 sets. 4 sets of press (db or smith) and then a mix of supersets, drops, etc for side and rear delts.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I love working out 2x per day. Just wish I had time to right now!!!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
For chest I usually do 16-18 sets. Incline press (bench, db, or smith), Flat press (bench, db, or smith), Incline fly, crossover or fly machine, pullover.
Delts is usually about 15 sets. 4 sets of press (db or smith) and then a mix of supersets, drops, etc for side and rear delts.
wow thats a lot of volume. I usually do a little less than half of that.