Need some help from the tall guys

  1. Need some help from the tall guys


    I'm 6'5" 22o lbs. I am benching 335 for a triple. So far no matter how strong i get or how much weight i gain I still look tall and skinny. Any tips on how to make myself look more like a bodybuilder.


  2. Put on more mass, or put yourself in the washing machine at too high a temperature. Either will work.

  3. You gotta be patient buddy. Don't stop training, and it will pay. Make sure your diet is in check, and you will grow. Diet is a huge part in your progress so make sure you eat every 2.5 hours, and you will see results.
    •   
       


  4. I hear you man im 6'3". Delts are important for tall guys. Makes us look wide.

  5. I'm 6'3" as well, and it really is harder to "fill out" or appear to be thicker if you are a tall, relatively lean person.

    We have those long muscle bellies.

    Try to clue in to a more hypertrophic-specific training program that will work for you as an individual. Some things work for some, but don't for others as I'm sure you know.

    Wow, Listen to the really young guy talking about being patient... that's refreshing.. even with such simple advice ...lol

  6. Im 6'3" as well and i find it hard to look like a "bodybuilder" too, you just always look tall and long. What is you body fat percentage? IMO once you get some nice mass tall guys will always look nicer, sorry glen lol jk. Ive just always come to the conclusion that shorter guys get or look bigger with less work than the lanky ones Jmo.

    Big key is to find what type of training works for you as ubi mentioned what works for some may not work for you.

  7. I'm a "shrimp" here at 6'2". I also have the same problem. I have found that by working shoulders and arms hard give me a better looking proportion in my upper body. I've got really long arms and look like a bean stalk at times.

    Just gotta keep at it man.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    I'm 6'3" as well, and it really is harder to "fill out" or appear to be thicker if you are a tall, relatively lean person.

    We have those long muscle bellies.

    Try to clue in to a more hypertrophic-specific training program that will work for you as an individual. Some things work for some, but don't for others as I'm sure you know.

    Wow, Listen to the really young guy talking about being patient... that's refreshing.. even with such simple advice ...lol
    Well, I must say that it may sound dumb, but if I would not be patient, I wouldn't be doing this sport. I love it, am far from my ultimate goal, but patience will bring me to the point where I want to be

  9. I'm 5'7" so I'm right up your guys' butt crack. With that said, we both have to put in equal amounts of work in order to fill out our bodies with muscle and apparently height is not a factor in muscleness!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinJack
    I'm 5'7" so I'm right up your guys' butt crack. With that said, we both have to put in equal amounts of work in order to fill out our bodies with muscle and apparently height is not a factor in muscleness!

    I disagree, I may be biased, but I think it actually is harder for taller guys to look thick (with the same development comparatively) as they have longer muscle bellies... similar to the reason why some guys have bigger peaks on their bis as they have shorter heads, or a greater amount of the layman's "space between inner elbow and contracted head".

    "Muscleness" is not a word.

  11. It sucks for tall guys to look hyooge I'm 6'4 and I look like a basketball player next to the BB Pro's. I'd say for you to look big at 6'2" - 6'6" range you need to be around 280-300 lbs. in comparison to the average Pro that might be 5'8" on a good day. I had a pic taken with Bob Chic at the O this year and always thought he was like 6'3" or so because he towers over the other competitors. Well Bob looked short next to me, I'd say he's around 5"9". So in closing, I guess I will never look hyooge

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Viperspit
    It sucks for tall guys to look hyooge I'm 6'4 and I look like a basketball player next to the BB Pro's. I'd say for you to look big at 6'2" - 6'6" range you need to be around 280-300 lbs. in comparison to the average Pro that might be 5'8" on a good day. I had a pic taken with Bob Chic at the O this year and always thought he was like 6'3" or so because he towers over the other competitors. Well Bob looked short next to me, I'd say he's around 5"9". So in closing, I guess I will never look hyooge
    Yep, look at Toney Freeman, he's 6'3 and like 280 with a 31 inch waist I believe. I would say take Ubi's advice and do something hypertrophy based, as whatever he is doing certainly looks like it works for him. However, also remember that diet is important, and because you are taller you probably have a higher base metabolism. Also, try different workouts, no two people are exactly the same.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    I disagree, I may be biased, but I think it actually is harder for taller guys to look thick (with the same development comparatively) as they have longer muscle bellies... similar to the reason why some guys have bigger peaks on their bis as they have shorter heads, or a greater amount of the layman's "space between inner elbow and contracted head".

    "Muscleness" is not a word.
    i agree. im stronger and have more size in my chest and arms then some guys 4-5 inches shorter than me but they look "bigger" automatically. I like being long tho i like the look better

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    I disagree, I may be biased, but I think it actually is harder for taller guys to look thick (with the same development comparatively) as they have longer muscle bellies... similar to the reason why some guys have bigger peaks on their bis as they have shorter heads, or a greater amount of the layman's "space between inner elbow and contracted head".

    "Muscleness" is not a word.

    Another contributing factor is food. I'm 6'3 also, taller guys with longer muscle bellies have to feed those longer bellies as well. Someone who is 6'3" 215 lbs and ripped is going to look skinny, while someone 5'9" and 215 is going to look thick and stocky. In order for the tall guy to look the least bit stocky he's going to have to put on another 20-30lbs. That very well could be another 1000+ calories a day the tall guy has to eat, and extra 7000 a week.

    How much do you weigh Ubi?

  15. The world is all about balance fella's. Shorter people have their perks as do we. I'm 6'2 so to get "thick" will take some work. I'm sitting at 238lbs 12-13% right now and i'm starting to get there.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Popa Murph
    How much do you weigh Ubi?
    I am now at the present moment fluctuating between 230lbs and 234lbs at ~10% give or take... (I was 232lbs this morning) I'm focusing on gaining slow and keeping lean.

    A lot of people don't think weight is as important as measurements.

    I'm not heavy by any means considering my height, and from a BB standpoint I have a lot to gain... I'm just happy where my weight is spread throughout my body though.

  17. When I started lifting only 3 years ago, I weighed in at a buck 75. I'm now at about 210, but you wouldn't know it. My arms are so dayum long, it looks like I never work my bi's and tri's. Of course, starting late in life doesn't help. But I'm pretty freaking hard headed and don't know any different, so I just keep on keeping on.

  18. I am only 6', so small for this thread, but everytime I get on stage I am one of the 2 or 3 tallest guys.

    The key is to add as much thickness as possible, but to do at a slow pace. Eat enough, train smart, train hard and it will come.

    What we lack in thickness we make up in the lines and shape that a short stocky bodybuilder will often lack.

  19. I feel your pain. I am 6 ft 3, and I have struggled since I was 16 yrs old with looking bulky/muscular...I could lift as much as all of the 5 ft 11 and under guys, but it sure didn't show. But like someone above me said, patience is the key - Just keep those calories really high and really lean, with 2g of protein per lb of bod. weight and you will eventually bulk up. And when you have a tall guy that is also really full and muscular, those are the most dangerous.

  20. Being shorter won't benefit you if your trying to look large. I was 5'10'' with 20'' arms at my biggest and I've never seen a 5'4'' dude look deisel next to me.lol. At 6'5'' 220lbs you need to gain alot more weight if you want to look like a bodybuilder. I felt small at 220lbs with a hint of abs. keep in mind though that your probably large to the general population. I never feel large but others seem to think I'm huge. Maybe some adonis complex or bigorexia.lol Besides, keep doint heavy squats and you may lose an inch or two. I was 5'11'' in high school and the last time I was measuerd I was under 5'10''

  21. 6ft3 , 195 about twelve percent, you can see my pictures at my lg My quest for a sixpack in the pics secton, i just took them on Xmas.Been bodybuilding four years. Again I agree. It takes longer to build the muscles of a taller person because of the longer limbs. I two seperate pictures One of Arnold ....
    One of Franco. who looks bigger... Franco looks way bigger; although he does have more musclemass for his size , put the two side by side, like at the Nineteen Seventy-Five O and for some reason Arnold looks bigger.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need some help from the pro's with 2nd cycle
    By holland1945 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 01:00 PM
  2. Female needs some clarification from the guys
    By caramel color in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
  3. Need some pointers from the veterans
    By hman85 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM
  4. need some help from you guys
    By nfn166 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 09:53 AM
  5. i need some help from computer gurus
    By primal1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Log in
Log in