#1 training tip
- 12-16-2006, 05:27 PM
- 12-16-2006, 07:08 PM
12-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Crap, no wonder I can't grow! I have been eating hard and training right, doh!Originally Posted by jminis
Yup, #1,2 & 3 are diet, diet & diet. 4 on is training, rest & supplementation.
12-16-2006, 07:37 PM
12-16-2006, 07:45 PM
12-16-2006, 07:47 PM
sorry. I assumed the obvious. Since the title thread did say Number 1 training tip, i assumed training was being applied.
12-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Thats the thing. Its not obvious to everyoneOriginally Posted by Kristofer68SS
I REALLY started growing once I started visiting this site with all the healthy eating tips and such.
12-17-2006, 05:15 AM
12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
i'd say leave the ego at the door. when ya walk in to the gym, its not about how much weight your moving, its about the form that you use.
EX: i see tons of guys throwing more than they can handle on a curl bar or a bar bell and trying to curl it or barbell row it with terrible form.
12-20-2006, 06:29 PM
1) eat right and train hard is key
2) focus on your form and don't be the guy that uses high weight to try and show off and get nothing out of it.
12-21-2006, 02:54 AM
can i change mine ? lol
I would say, and have said to friends first starting off, dont worry about how much you lift or what people think. You will make the best gains if you lift the right weight for you, with good form.
12-21-2006, 12:39 PM
12-21-2006, 02:29 PM
12-21-2006, 02:54 PM
The same thing I tell all of my clients:
BRAINS move MUSCLES.
MUSCLES move BONES.
BONES move RESISTANCE.
Exercise cannot be a brainless activity. Always practice good biomechanical technique, focus on the muscle group you are using, and CONCENTRATE on contracting the intended muscle(s). Other than that, just relax and take your time. Shortcuts are rarely lasting or worthwhile.
12-21-2006, 02:56 PM
12-21-2006, 04:12 PM
its funny how many people we see work out in the morning and then go back at night becasue they think they are building muscle, when they are actually burning it. Women are generally doing that because they think they are over weight. You simply can't tell them that they need to eat more and work out less.
12-22-2006, 03:00 AM
01-06-2007, 04:58 PM
01-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I would first let them know the most important thing to know about BB'ing:
Jayhawkk is ghey.
Don't need to know much more than that.
01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
01-18-2007, 02:14 PM
2 steps foreward, 1 step back for natural trainers.Overtraining is the biggest mistake I've seen in my 25= years of training.:bb2:
01-19-2007, 10:54 PM
1) Its a marathon not a sprint.
2) Gains will come, dont be discouraged. Dont give up because you dont see immediate results.
01-21-2007, 01:21 AM
01-28-2007, 02:05 AM
02-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By The Solution in forum Company PromotionsReplies: 49Last Post: 02-22-2017, 06:29 PM
- By Matthandyo in forum Training ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 07-21-2015, 07:00 PM
- By eddieSt.james in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 11-18-2013, 12:52 PM
- By nathanryan in forum Workout LogsReplies: 6Last Post: 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
- By StatueFalls in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM