physical therapy= rough cardio

Zack

Awards
my theripist just started me on a new Phys therapy routien. DAMN... it was like a super set that lasted an hour and a half, to bad i am not cutting right now this would be killer. Kind of a side question, when i start 1t-pro do you guys think it will accelorate my progress in physical therapy? I am in there for a ACL reconstruction.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
How long ago was you surgery? I had ACL surgery May of 2002. I started taking a 1-test homebrew about 6 weeks after surgery and my therapist was very complimentary of my progress. At the end of my first cycle, my quad strenght was back to about 95% of that pre-surgery.

Zack

Awards
my surgery was a few days before christmas, and i started therapy about a month and a half ago. Gotta love those HMOs :saw: .. Hows your knee doing now?

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
my surgery was a few days before christmas, and i started therapy about a month and a half ago. Gotta love those HMOs :saw: .. Hows your knee doing now?

Holy ****. You should have been in therapy within 3 days of surgery, not 3 1/3 months later! You are going to have some massive scar tissue to break down. Keep working your flexibility. Depending on you flexibility, I would consider staying away from the T1. You flexibility has to come first, strength later.

My knee is doing great. Thanks for asking. When I had surgery last May, my goal was to be skiing by Winter. As it turned out, I had a pretty descent ski season. Although, my girlfriend was a knuckle dragger, so that kept me at a reasonable pace ;)

Zack

Awards
this whole thing has been a big hassle for me. i tore it in september, but couldn't get it operated on because school was about to start, then i had to wait for winter break. my flexability is about the same as the other knee, but that isn't the greatest, as i had surgery on that about three years ago. Did you have an allograft or an autograft to reconstruct your ACL?

Zack

Awards
skiing??? come on man. When you become a real man you should consider straping on a board. j/k.... I was an avid snowboarder (every weekend if not more) I wasn't able to go at all this year. when my friends would tell me about their trips I would get pretty mad.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Did you have an allograft or an autograft to reconstruct your ACL?

Allograft. I think the guy who donated his ACL was fast, because when I sprint, I run in right circles :p

Zack

Awards
I really got the shaft. I got an autograft, I am sure you know what that is, so i had to heal for them cutting my pattela tendon to **** as well.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
skiing??? come on man. When you become a real man you should consider straping on a board..... my friends would tell me about their trips I would get pretty mad.

When your back up to speed, I'll race ya ;)

Really, take it easy, get your full flexibility back, then work on strength. You don't want to be one of those old guys who can't bend down to tie his shoes. You should be stretching your knee at least twice per day. Good luck!

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree with bow. Don't be impatient. Wait until you're back to full speed as far as both pre-op strength and flexibility. If you eat big and train with proper intensity, the added strength afforded by T1-pro can be hard on joints and tendons.

Zack

Awards

You don't want to be one of those old guys who can't bend down to tie his shoes. Good luck!
You have no idea how much that scars the **** out of me. I see all these old people that can't do **** but walk and they have trouble with that. I hope i have gone to a better place before anything like that happens to me.

Thanks for the incuraging words and support, they are much apprectiated.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have no idea how much that scars the **** out of me. I see all these old people that can't do **** but walk and they have trouble with that. I hope i have gone to a better place before anything like that happens to me.
And then there are people from the high elevation areas of S America that work hard and walk straight as an arrow at 120+. They drink mineral-rich glacier water, eat unprocessed food, and never heard of of a water bed or video games. It's all the lifestyle. We are a fast-food nation. I have seen farmers who still play handball and tennis past 90, and work in their fields in Indiana every day.

Intestinal problems like Colon Cancer and Crohn's Disease are never seen in primitive cultures and are mainly the result of processed food like Big Macs, french fries, and pizza. ;)

Zack

Awards
any one got some war paint I can barrow (gross generalization) I am heading south of the boarder..... I think a lot of it or a good deal of it is genetics.. but maybe that is just wishfull thinking on my part, as i have a grandfather that runs marathons, and my other grandparents (in their late 70s) act like they are 30.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lifespan is genetic. How physically fit you are into old age is shaped by lifestyle. I have seen people so crippled they couldn't get around without a walker, throw all junk out of their diet, lose 100 lbs and start jogging. How much discipline do you have? The choice is yours.

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
any one got some war paint I can barrow (gross generalization) I am heading south of the boarder..... I think a lot of it or a good deal of it is genetics.. but maybe that is just wishfull thinking on my part, as i have a grandfather that runs marathons, and my other grandparents (in their late 70s) act like they are 30.
i think thats great about your grandfather running a marathon and the others acting like they are 30. who said getting older should be just sitting a rocking chair waiting to die? i plan on bb for the rest of my life....

anyways, never had any orthoopedic probs with legs but did have rotator cuff surgery. and i'd echo that of others...take it easy and make sure you get your flexibility back first. i cant believe either that they waited that long to get you into pt...i was in pt within a week of my surgery...good luck and hope it gets u back in the game and up to speed quickly...