- 12-13-2006, 02:00 PM
- 12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by yzinger
- 12-14-2006, 05:14 PM
As spatch said, it totally depends on volume. If you're just doing 1-2 sets then you could probably train the muscle every 2-4 days (depending on your recovery ability). If you're hitting it with 20 sets (which IMO is stupid anyway) then you'll probably need a full week.
12-14-2006, 09:49 PM
One or two sets? Even at 12 reps per set, for me that isn't nearly enough. That doesn't cover 1 exercise.Originally Posted by TeamSavage
I work each mucle group once per week, and get in 15-18 sets. This constitutes 5-6 exercises at 3 sets each per muscle group. But everyone is different, and this is what works for me.
12-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Not nearly enough for me either. But some people do it.Originally Posted by SoMdHunter
12-19-2006, 12:07 AM
A good rule of thumb for me is not to work the same muscle if it is still sore from the last workout. Larger muscles like quads, back, glutes , could require that long if worked really intensely but smaller muscles probably don't need quite that long to rest. As usual, though everybody is slightly different, so knowing how your own body recovers is key.
Similar Forum Threads
- By BigVrunga in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-14-2003, 07:22 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:22 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2003, 09:45 AM
- By windwords7 in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 1Last Post: 12-07-2002, 01:14 PM
- By Lifeguard in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 10-31-2002, 05:57 PM