Chest injury from falling weights

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.5%

Chest injury from falling weights

Two and a half weeks ago I was doing flat dumbell presses. My usual training partner wasn't there so I got a spot from one of PTs that work at the gym. Well I failed doing my last rep and the dumbells came crashing down on my chest (note to self to never go to failure unless you can trust who you are training with).

I went to the doctors and they did x-rays and said that nothing was broken but to take a week off and then come back light. After 2.5 weeks the pain started to go away so I did some light lifting. Today I decided to do a chest day and the pain is acting up again.
    I had pain in my right pec (around the third rib where the weight hit) trying under 90lbs.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I am worried that I have a muscle tear or something serious like that.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Ive had my sternum bruised and it hurt worse than my cracked rib.Id just take a little more time off and let it heal.Both of my injuries took a couple weeks til I felt 80%.

A couple weeks off wont hurt ya as this is a game measured in years of longevity.Take it easy hit the cardio and dont aggrivate your injury.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.55%

Doesnt weak tris attirbute to the weights falling towards your face? Or bad form as having your elbows flair out? Only one time when I was 19 I have had it happen like that. The 110's came down and I just turned over and threw them. Ill do 120's with no spotter and push it to my max, ill either get it or it will go back down, never had them crash down again
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest injury
    By cobraR in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 12:49 AM
  2. Shoulder/Chest injury?
    By bkoguy07 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 12:07 PM
  3. Wacky chest injury - please read and advise...
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 03:27 AM
  4. Chest pain from methyldrol pulse
    By Stavross in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 02:55 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 10:22 PM