Chest injury from falling weights

Toon Army

Awards
Two and a half weeks ago I was doing flat dumbell presses. My usual training partner wasn't there so I got a spot from one of PTs that work at the gym. Well I failed doing my last rep and the dumbells came crashing down on my chest (note to self to never go to failure unless you can trust who you are training with).

I went to the doctors and they did x-rays and said that nothing was broken but to take a week off and then come back light. After 2.5 weeks the pain started to go away so I did some light lifting. Today I decided to do a chest day and the pain is acting up again.
I had pain in my right pec (around the third rib where the weight hit) trying under 90lbs.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I am worried that I have a muscle tear or something serious like that.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive had my sternum bruised and it hurt worse than my cracked rib.Id just take a little more time off and let it heal.Both of my injuries took a couple weeks til I felt 80%.

A couple weeks off wont hurt ya as this is a game measured in years of longevity.Take it easy hit the cardio and dont aggrivate your injury.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt weak tris attirbute to the weights falling towards your face? Or bad form as having your elbows flair out? Only one time when I was 19 I have had it happen like that. The 110's came down and I just turned over and threw them. Ill do 120's with no spotter and push it to my max, ill either get it or it will go back down, never had them crash down again