Anabolic window and cardio

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have always subscribed to the idea of downing a whey/dextrose shake immediately following a weighlifting workout to take advantage of the "anabolic window of opportunity". Some say this window is 15 minutes and others will argue that it's an hour or more. In any case, I usually try to get my post-workout drink in me as soon as possible.

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of good things about incorporating a short (i.e. 20 minute) cardio session following hitting the weights. What I'm confused about however is when to take my post-workout shake. Should I consume it in between my weight workout and my cardio OR would it be best to consume it immediately after finishing the cardio workout.

Thanks in advance.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some say this window is 15 minutes and others will argue that it's an hour or more.
Immediately following and up to a couple few hours depending upon your body and training.
Lately, I've been hearing a lot of good things about incorporating a short (i.e. 20 minute) cardio session following hitting the weights. What I'm confused about however is when to take my post-workout shake. Should I consume it in between my weight workout and my cardio OR would it be best to consume it immediately after finishing the cardio workout.
You would want to wait until after your cardio.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Immediately following and up to a couple few hours depending upon your body and training.You would want to wait until after your cardio.
I agree.. Good advice as always B fiddy!