Anabolic window and cardio - AnabolicMinds.com

Anabolic window and cardio

Anabolic window and cardio

I have always subscribed to the idea of downing a whey/dextrose shake immediately following a weighlifting workout to take advantage of the "anabolic window of opportunity". Some say this window is 15 minutes and others will argue that it's an hour or more. In any case, I usually try to get my post-workout drink in me as soon as possible.

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of good things about incorporating a short (i.e. 20 minute) cardio session following hitting the weights. What I'm confused about however is when to take my post-workout shake. Should I consume it in between my weight workout and my cardio OR would it be best to consume it immediately after finishing the cardio workout.

Thanks in advance.

2. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo
    Some say this window is 15 minutes and others will argue that it's an hour or more.
    Immediately following and up to a couple few hours depending upon your body and training.
    Lately, I've been hearing a lot of good things about incorporating a short (i.e. 20 minute) cardio session following hitting the weights. What I'm confused about however is when to take my post-workout shake. Should I consume it in between my weight workout and my cardio OR would it be best to consume it immediately after finishing the cardio workout.
    You would want to wait until after your cardio.
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Immediately following and up to a couple few hours depending upon your body and training.You would want to wait until after your cardio.
    I agree.. Good advice as always B fiddy!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Window and how to use
    By packers6211 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 10:50 PM
  2. Test and Cardio
    By RobInKuwait in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2004, 04:54 AM
  3. Max-OT and cardio???