- 10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
- 10-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Triceps and Chest and depending on the angle and arm positioning you can make it a chest or tricep dominate exercise.
Sets and frenquency should cohere with the rest of your training program. I do about 3 sets every chest workout day.
10-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Can you tell me what you mean specifically re: the arm positioning?
How can I make it Chest or Triceps (what would be the arm positions)?
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
10-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Love those dips. Gotta love hangin big weight from your waist and not knowing if you'll make it up on the last rep! Sweet stuff.
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it might look "sweet", but it doesn't feel too sweet when you rip your ac joint to shreds. I used to crank out heavy weight dips, and one day i felt the worst pain in my clavicle as i was going for that last rep. I injured the ac joint severely and couldnt lift for about 3 weeks. In fact it still hurts to this day, and i'm on anti-inflammatories. My bench is nowhere near what it used to be. So, just be careful when your doing weighted dips, they can be a very dangerous exercise. I know it looks cool with all that weight dangling off you, but your putting your body in a very compromising position.Originally Posted by flytrapcan
10-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't add any weight to my dips for that very reasonfbx...I can feel the andgle get compromised when I get tired and as anyone knows, when you exhaust your tris they don't give out slowly.
Similar Forum Threads
- By windwords7 in forum SupplementsReplies: 46Last Post: 01-04-2017, 04:01 AM
- By that_dc5 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
- By Torobestia in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum SupplementsReplies: 15Last Post: 10-29-2002, 11:22 AM
- By WYD02 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2002, 07:22 PM