Looking to change training routine--Advice?

1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Looking to change training routine--Advice?

I'm trying to change my workout routine. Ever since the beginning I've been doing some variation of a basic split. I do two days on, one off, two on, one off, repeat. I train each bodypart once every six days. ten sets for each body part (9 for bis/tris). my rep range is between 8-15. I try to do the heavier compound movements in the beginning. An example of my chest workout is...

Incline barbell - 4 sets, 15,10,8,6
    flat dumbell - 3 sets, 12,12,10
    upward cable flys- 3 sets 12,12,10

I've just come off of a 12 week cycle of prop/tren that made me reevaluate things. I tend to believe I'm one of the cursed few that doesn't see the positives outweigh the negatives and probably won't be using gear again other than IFG-1 or maybe some test only cycles. I want to focus more on the science of the training for growth rather than look to the chemicals for the help. My diet is solid, but I would like some advice on other training methods, namely DC. If anyone could give some advice on it I would appreciate it.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.02%

I was doing a 3 day split and hitting bodyparts only once per week. i recently switched up my routine and I have never tried this split before.

I am now doing the Push/Pull split. I do the main compound lifts first and hit 4-5 sets per bodypart per day for a total of 8-10 per week. Rep range of 6-12 typically.

Mon - Push
    Tues - Pull
    Wed - Off
    Thurs - Push
    Fri - Pull
    Sat, Sun - Off

This gives you the full weekend to recover and allows you to hit each bodypart twice per week. I have only been doing it for a week but I'm liking it alot. I normally cant sit still in the gym so i do a lot of circuit training/supersetting.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT in regards to the training routine?
    By barbar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 01:13 PM
  2. Looking to start GHenerate: expert advice?
    By celicasoul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
  3. If you haven't heard AMS is looking to change the FAT BURNING Game
    By Gonzo14 in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
  5. Looking for Fresh Training Routines
    By RaulJimenez in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5