HIT Centers

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Anyone heard of this company. They do scientific studies on you to determine your particular physiology and supposedly help you figure out the best way to train your body.

It seems pretty neat, but wanted to see if anyone had done it.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It is a good idea, but the type of muscle fibers you have throughout your body can vary. Unless, you want to get a biopsy on every muscle group, the only way to find what style and rep range works best for you is experimenting. For example, my legs grow from high volume, but my arms grow while using very little volume (usually around 4-6 sets).

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
They also test your metabolic rate, etc. I understand what you are saying about experimenting, but this might be a good tool for fine tuning diet etc, as we all know BMR calculators don't work for everyone.

I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Will let everyone know what I think.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Let me know how it goes. Metabolic testing is always a good idea.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
It is a good idea, but the type of muscle fibers you have throughout your body can vary. Unless, you want to get a biopsy on every muscle group, the only way to find what style and rep range works best for you is experimenting. For example, my legs grow from high volume, but my arms grow while using very little volume (usually around 4-6 sets).
Isn't the type of muscle fibers you have in your body also determined by how you have trained over the years? Like for instance, powerlifters normally have more fast twitch muscle fibers, because they focus on 1rm, and power. While BBers have more slow twitch muscle fibers because they do more reps and work on muscle endurance a bit more.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Isn't the type of muscle fibers you have in your body also determined by how you have trained over the years? Like for instance, powerlifters normally have more fast twitch muscle fibers, because they focus on 1rm, and power. While BBers have more slow twitch muscle fibers because they do more reps and work on muscle endurance a bit more.
To an extent you can train the TypeIIa fibers to take on the characteristics of either TypeI or Type IIx, but there is a limit. Someone with very prevalent amount of TypeIIx fibers in the thigh will be much more suited for sprinting than endurance running. BBers will still have a lot of TypeII fibers because they are the ones that are the thickest.