separated shoulder surgery

1. separated shoulder surgery

I go for an MRI next week to see if I have ligament damage, but Xrays showed I have a separated shoulder which from the rough bone edges the Dr. thinks occured about 10-15 years ago?!?
    Anyway if there is no ligament damage and I only need to have the bone shaved what should I expect my recovery time to be.
    I will talk to my Dr. about this next week but they always seem to exaggerate recovery time.

2. Quote Originally Posted by nobady
    I go for an MRI next week to see if I have ligament damage, but Xrays showed I have a separated shoulder which from the rough bone edges the Dr. thinks occured about 10-15 years ago?!?
    Anyway if there is no ligament damage and I only need to have the bone shaved what should I expect my recovery time to be.
    I will talk to my Dr. about this next week but they always seem to exaggerate recovery time.
    The surgery is quick, relatively speaking. I guarantee hardcore soreness and pain, but stick to your physical therapy, 4-6 weeks until you should feel close to 100%. The surgery could be perfect but it is up to the patient to make sure they stick to the PT regimen which can be rigorous and painful.

Best fo luck!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First run after shoulder surgery..Need Advice
    By mdtech123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 02:42 PM
  2. shoulder surgery
    By bigpapa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 11:58 AM
  3. Replies: 1