Leverage Squat Machines....Opinions?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Leverage Squat Machines....Opinions?

My knees have always been bad, but at the moment I'm recovering from messing up my left knee even more than usual. After about 6 weeks I went back to normal squats, but I think I went back too soon, so it got messed up again. After about another 6 weeks of rest on the legs I decided to try out the leverage squat machine....this thing rocks!

I have much more control over my glutes, hams and quads. I feel like I can push much harder while on this machine. Yes, I know that it might not be the best for form, but with my bad knees I'd rather play it safe. I know squats done right should not hurt your knees, but I just can't really push my limits when I have to worry about my knee. The only reason I hurt it was because I went down way too fast. Other than that one time after warming it up it never really hurt much with wraps on for heavy sets.

So after making you read this long a** thing my question is: What would I lose from sticking with the leverage squat machine after my knee fully heals. The only thing I don't like right now is that the pad the I have to stand on isn't wide enough for the wide stance I like, but other than that all is good. Also, since I have bad knees, would wearing knee wraps all the time during squats lead to bad things?

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

leave the machine alone, do regular bar squats, it's a form issue if your knees are hurting. just get someone(preferably a powerlifter) or post a clip and someone will critique your squat form. you're only 21, i know guys who have completely blown out there knees, are over 40 and are squatting over a grand. and knee wraps are good when you go heavy(over 400) but when you are under invest in a pair of rehband knee sleeves, they are expensive but worth every penny.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Ok, I think I'll give my knees a little more rest and then I'll slowly head back to the bar squats.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  157 lbs.
    Answers

wrap your knees and SQUAT

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best angle for hack squat machine?
    By DGA3 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 11:40 PM
  2. Squatting Machine made of flesh...
    By PaulBlack in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
  3. Anyone here use the hack squat machine?
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 08:19 AM
  4. Hack Squat Machine
    By weightlifting in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
  5. New Squat machine
    By ItsHectic in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 02:27 PM