Weight Lifting in the COLD

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For anybody who lives up north advice on how to train in the cold would help. I workout in my garage, it is around 50 degrees when I am in there and my workouts have been horrid. I can't get any pumps going, I feel like I am overheating but I can't take off my jacket because I am freezing. Leg days are the worst I get very winded, dizzy, and lightheaded. Does anyone have experience with this?

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Join a gym, your going to hurt yourself, your joints and muscles won't stay warm and your going to injure yourself it's not worth it, then just go back to working out in your garage in the warmer months.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Either A) Join a gym or B) Buy a nice compact space heater from your local hardware store.

JakeVendetta

JakeVendetta

Board Sponsor
Awards
if you have no where else to workout get a space heater and make sure you do a good warm up 5-10 mins cardio then stretching.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Don't workout in the cold! Your asking for a trip to the ER.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
buy yourself a $30 space heater, problem solved

and i knwo a guy that works out in the cold, and he's strong as an oxe, so dont worry about it

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
buy yourself a $30 space heater, problem solved

and i knwo a guy that works out in the cold, and he's strong as an oxe, so dont worry about it
It has nothing to do with being strong. His risk for injury goes up 10x's because of the external enviroment.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Wear some warm clothing and do some cardio before the workout, maybe a hot shower before? I dunno just some suggestions, if they dont work and your still cold you should really join a gym.