How would you split it up?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
OK I'm trying to figure out what my best option is for what is going to have to be my new workout days.

Normally I did Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday split

But now I have a 2nd job which I work after my first job Tuesday, Wed. and thursday.

My options for workout days are Friday-Monday

Would you guys wo all 4 days or only 3?

and what would you train on those days?

h19

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Is there no way you can squeeze in an hour on one of the other days?

If not Friday Chest Tri, Saturday Legs, Sunday Back Bis Traps, Monday Abs Cardio and whatever else is lacking.

I would suggest you take Sunday's workout to MOnday and Monday's to wednesday if you can fit it in your busy schedule.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
i know this is going to be tough, but really I don't see me fitting it in on the days I'm working two jobs

At my "real" job, I work Monday-Friday 8:15-4:15, drive home about 30-40 minutes, change, then drive 20 minutes to my
2nd job to start at 6:00 and work until 1:00 am.

I plan on getting some cardio in in the mornings if I'm not too tired. At least a 10 minute jump rope session in the AM on the 2 job days. After only getting 4 hours sleep it's going to be tough.

Also I like doing chest/back together as of late. I've seen a lot of good progress doing it that way.

I was thinking Friday chest/back 20 mins cardio
saturday Legs/abs
Sunday shoulders/bis/tris 20 mins cardio
Monday 60 mins cardio/abs/lagging parts

h19

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
i know this is going to be tough, but really I don't see me fitting it in on the days I'm working two jobs

At my "real" job, I work Monday-Friday 8:15-4:15, drive home about 30-40 minutes, change, then drive 20 minutes to my
2nd job to start at 6:00 and work until 1:00 am.

I plan on getting some cardio in in the mornings if I'm not too tired. At least a 10 minute jump rope session in the AM on the 2 job days. After only getting 4 hours sleep it's going to be tough.

Also I like doing chest/back together as of late. I've seen a lot of good progress doing it that way.

I was thinking Friday chest/back 20 mins cardio
saturday Legs/abs
Sunday shoulders/bis/tris 20 mins cardio
Monday 60 mins cardio/abs/lagging parts

h19
that sounds good too.

those are some rough hours. How do you keep up with diet? I thought of getting a second job but dont think I could keep up with this bb lifestyle for too long. Stay motivated bro'

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
well the thing is, I don't follow the "bodybuilding lifestyle" anymore. I did that for so long, no cheat days etc. etc for like 3 years straight and granted I was in the best shape ever, but one day i just fell off and didn't workout for like a year. The 5 years leading up to that were just gone. Once I picked it up again I told myself I would never be like that again simply b/c its too hard. I mean when you are in HS, and college it's really easy to stay on a strict schedule. Anyway

At this point i know my body and all that, what to eat etc etc so diet really isn't an issue. I bring tons of food to work, and my 2nd job is actually as a cook. During the day I'm a network administrator at night a cook. I get free food there, so I manage to get in my meals at the right timing.
They have a lot of crap food there, but also have shrimp, tuna steak, chicken breast..and of course salad so i eat that during job #2

It's rough, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I technically don't need the 2nd job, but could really use the money. In the end I can quit whenever I want and be fine so I have that to my advantage.

h19

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
cool. It is a hard lifestyle to follow and you can lose all those years of hard work if you just stop for a while. For me I have no GF so BB is my hobbie and a means to keep myself occupied. I dont know where i will go but right now, this is very fun, interesting, and satisfying. Kinda like what Arnold said, not sure exactly but, its like im cumming when i hit the weights. lol.