Pain in right knee when doing Squats.

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Pain in right knee when doing Squats.

ok, I was dealing with my knee making a popping noise everytime i did squats.. no pain though, and I read if it pops and there's no pain not to worry. Well the other day I started to feel pain, and after squats even leg curls i could slightly feel pain in that knee..

Could anyone give me some advice? shoudl I go low weight high rep for a while? I'm already taking cissus regularly..

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Low weight high rep should help strengthen the joint, my knees click aswell and even as I type this out my right knee is feeling pretty bad, I've just started on Cissus-RX though so I'm going to wait a few days before changing my routine.

3. glg
    Answers

See an Orthopedic/Sports Dr for a professional assessment. Could be something as simple a a revision in exercise form, the knee cap not tracking correctly (a very comman issue), Arthritus or an injury that needs to be taken care of before it gets out of control.

I have a blown left knee and a reconstructed right ankle so I am at the extreme end of the injury/pain continum.

Just go have it checked out if for no other reason than peace of mind and the ability to refocus on your workouts.

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Answers

hmm thank you for the responses.. I will see if my school has that.. cuz I have no health insurance so money is an issue there..

5. Board Sponsor
    Answers

You should have someone watch your form while you're squatting sometime. Make sure your knees aren't going out past your toes because that puts a ton of stress on the knees.

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I would definitely see if you can get it checked at your school.
    I've had 3 surgeries and 2 cortizone shots to my left knee, so I would err on the side of caution here. I am assuming you are still pretty young. Getting this corrected now may save you alot of pain down the road. It may be as simle as changing your form, as rpen22 suggested. The knee is a complicated joint. Fixing a minor problem now is far easier to deal with than the recovery from a major operation. For a bit of perspective, my Dr. told me if he has to cut in to my knee one more time, I'll be looking at a total knee replacement by the time I'm 50. That is only 8 years away for me. Needless to say, I'm very careful when working my legs. Good luck to you.

7. Registered User
    Answers

Try megadosing the cissus and lay off the squats for now, are you going below parallel? Also make sure your not bouncing out of the bottom of the movement.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pain in right bicep when working out biceps.
    By newman897 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM
  2. Pain in right knee.
    By DerickVonD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 11:38 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 06:41 PM
  4. I hardly feel anything in my hams when doing SLDLs
    By Rock Lee in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:22 PM
  5. What does it mean if, when doing squats, your lower back hurts?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 12:52 AM