injury

gettingold

Awards
I'm looking for a little advice. I hurt my wrist a couple of weeks ago (tendon). It's still killing me. Dr says just rest it for now. I have a stupid brace that I wear (yes, I am wearing it) to limit mobility. I haven't really lifted since it happened. Hitting the treadmill just dosen't cut it. Last night I did work legs (no squat, can't hold bar), pec deck, abs. That's it. This sucks! I've been told 4-6 weeks to heal. Honestly I'm getting depressed. I already feel like crap and feel I'm loosing muscle tone. Any ideas on excersizes for shoulders, arms, chest etc that I don't need to use my freakin wrist??
thanks for any input...

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
let it heal, the gym isn't going anywhere. just eat right and you'll be fine. consider it a longer than normal much needed rest. whatever strength you lose will return quickly.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
let it heal, the gym isn't going anywhere. just eat right and you'll be fine. consider it a longer than normal much needed rest. whatever strength you lose will return quickly.

i'll second this

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
and by yourself a decent pair of wrist wraps, they will stop this from ever happening again