Upper Chest near Neck.....

S

solid711

Awards
Hi,
What are the best exercises for the upper (inner) chest area, near the neck and collar bone.

Which ones besides the Incline Barbell BP or Incline Dumbell BP?

Thanks

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Incline flys, arnold presses (tight to body, not wide), close grip incline

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Closer the grip the less focus on the pec muscle and more on the tri. incline flies(cable) Feet elevated pushups. Cable crossovers

T

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
- Incline (20-30 degree) cable flys (hold for 1 sec at top)
- Pec-dec (hold for 1 sec in contracted position)
- Simultaneous front cable raise (supinated - hold for 1 sec at top)

S

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to highjack this thread, but I did a goggle on what exactly a pec dec was, and It was showing that it is a machine exercise .... Is this correct ?? I saw the machine, and we have it in our gym, and I use it, but never knew what it was called. Just curious.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
correct! - A machine to simulate flys, many people sit on it backwards and work their rear upper back as well.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not trying to highjack this thread, but I did a goggle on what exactly a pec dec was, and It was showing that it is a machine exercise .... Is this correct ?? I saw the machine, and we have it in our gym, and I use it, but never knew what it was called. Just curious.
Yea, it is a machine.

Edit: Damn, Pfunk beat me. Touche.:box:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Another tip - when you're doing incline bench, try using a lighter weight and touching your chin to your chest throughout the movement. Give a good 1-2 second pause at the bottom of the rep and really focus on the contraction at the top...you should feel it right in the middle and very top of your upper chest.

BV

C

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Power rack presses off of pins
Smith machine presses off of supports

Only lower to 90 degrees, keep the tension no the pecs. Also try adding a static rep for a finisher, 30 seconds in the concentric portion of the movement and just squeeze away.

D

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Another tip - when you're doing incline bench, try using a lighter weight and touching your chin to your chest throughout the movement. Give a good 1-2 second pause at the bottom of the rep and really focus on the contraction at the top...you should feel it right in the middle and very top of your upper chest.

BV
If you have your chin down like that then where are you going with the bar. I go down to my neck around where the colar bones meet in the middle.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
High Angle Incline Flyes my man. I started doing these a few months ago at about a 70 degree angle and it really hits the upper chest. Make sure that you get up on your shoulder blades when performing the exercise at a nice slow pace. Get a good stretch at the bottom, nothing outrageous though so your don't f'up your rotators. Good luck.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Some great info, I think prioritization is also important eg. do more total sets of upper chest comparatively to the rest of your body. and after days off do upper chest first and less total sets for the rest of your stronger groups. ONce your upper chest is pre-exhausted switching to lower chest will still hit the upper fibres.

C

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
That's ok, my post ended up being unnecessary anyways so if everyone could just disregard that, then that'd be great. Thanks:run:
haha just kidding bro, i guess nobody has seen the new APPLE commercials....
cc

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I feel so left out...I gotta go watch some more TV:run:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I feel so left out...I gotta go watch some more TV:run:
It REALLY isn't that tough man. You just start out with a half hour a day and slowly work your way up to 15 to 16 hours in a few weeks :)

CROWLER