Lower Abs (( Question ))

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
What would be the best way to get the lower abs to show up, I have alittle bit of fat around that area, Not much, but enough that it is hiding my lower two abs. My upper four are showing well, so I would like to tie in my lower ones as well.
I have read that on men, this is one of the last places that fat likes to hang on to. I have been doing crunches, Knee ups, and Donkey kicks.. ( guess that what they are called. )
I am trying to gain weight, but I am trying to do a lean gain. I have cleaned up my diet alot to help out with everything.
Since I am trying to do a lean gain, I have not been really doing any cardio, but I am leaning that way to see if it will help speed up the process of getting rid of the fat on the lower abs.

Any suggestions on exercises, or If I should do any cardio or not since I am actually trying to do a lean gain ?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like exercises is your issue. The problem is you're on a lean bulk which tells me that you are appx. 500 cals or more over your maitenance level. To see your lower abs, you have to get rid of the fat period. You can do all the exercises in the world, but until you remove the fat, they won't show up. My suggestion would be to eat at maintenace level clean, and incorporate cardio at 30 minute sessions 3x week. Or even a slight decrease in cals under maitenance on off cardio days.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
So shed the fat , then get back on the Lean gains again 500 over maintance.. I am gonna try to do some cardio to.. I am sucking wind, I know I need it.. My wife gives me hell, about it. She is on the eliptical machine for 30 to 40 mins, and I struggle after with it for 6 mins after doing my workout.. So, I know I need to get in beter cardio shape as well.
Thanks for your comment Viper.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya on the eliptical, I won't do them. Hell, I do 30 minutes on the treadmill at 15 degree incline, it's not as rough as that damn eliptical. for some reason those things kill my quads more than a cardio w/o.

So shed the fat , then get back on the Lean gains again 500 over maintance.. I am gonna try to do some cardio to.. I am sucking wind, I know I need it.. My wife gives me hell, about it. She is on the eliptical machine for 30 to 40 mins, and I struggle after with it for 6 mins after doing my workout.. So, I know I need to get in beter cardio shape as well.
Thanks for your comment Viper.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
viper is right it's the fat I work my abs like a mad man (I am a fighter) So I know it's the the ab work out but the bf% I did have some good luck with ultra lipoderm from avant labs the lower abs is my last sticking place also

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Kool, Thanks for the info, I will keep trying what I am doing for about another month, and if things don't start to get alittle better, I will try that stuff. Will start reading about it now.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
not sure of the bad effects of this as i have never done it but what about wrapping the area and doing cardio.(induce more sweat) like once a football buddy said he wore a trash bag tied tight around his waist and would run and loose inches. mostly water but im sure that is what hides the lower abs along with fat. Maybe some LeanXtreme too.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Actually had a girl friend who did that to, and it seemed to work for her.. Not sure if thats what helped her or not, but it sure seemed to..

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's trying to spot reduce and it is not going to work, period. People do that to try and induce more sweat overall so they can come in at a certain weight for a fight or competition. It is not going to help you burn more fat in a certain area over another.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So shed the fat , then get back on the Lean gains again 500 over maintance..
...and the fat will come right back on in the same place. Last off, first on...no way around it my friend. Surplus is surplus and surplus means body fat. The only possible way to eat at 500 over maintanence and not gain fat is displace that caloric energy or use steroids ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...and the fat will come right back on in the same place. Last off, first on...no way around it my friend. Surplus is surplus and surplus means body fat. The only possible way to eat at 500 over maintanence and not gain fat is displace that caloric energy or use steroids ;)
And nobody associated with this fine board would use such dreadful things...

:twisted:

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Ohhhh I know... I would never dream of it... I am gonna get rid of it .. I promise that.. Have been working to hard to let the last little bit just sit there. Its gotta go.

YYZ94

Awards
I'm having the same exact problem. I've lost 40 pounds in the last 12-14 months and the fat's last stand is the lower abs. I'm 6'1" 160 and I can see my top 4 abs nicely but the gut won't go. Lots of ab workouts, been doing good cardio all summer, but it won't go.

I'm also on a clean diet, but bulking with high protein. Any other opinions would be great.

jabaha

Banned
Awards
I have also been having trouble getting rid of the fat around my lower abs as well. Would running 10 miles a day help?

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
yes. mucho running/eliptical will get you there, I have crazy strong ab muscles but the 24%bf won't let anyone see them. Can't wait to get lower, i might have a crazy offset pack i see once in a while on some ill dudes.