please spare a few minutes for a desparate lifter...

gruntjc

Awards
hi all.... i'm probably the most frustrated i've ever been...

to give you an idea of what's going on.. i'm in the middle of a training 'lull' at the moment.. it's been going on for about 2 weeks now. I was making some excellent progress for awhile but things have been going downhill lately.

i've been training for about 12 years, 3-5 of those have been consistent and during the last 2 years i've been training for strength by following a DC style training program. it's worked well but i think my training has deviated somewhat from a standard 'bodybuilding' type routine.

i'm a big believer in intensity over volume but realise there is a 'medium ground' when it comes to this.

at the moment I am training on a 2 way split 3 times a week but lately, i've been struggling to get to the gym three times a week.

i'm still natural however i will be taking my first shot of test enanthate on saturday and will continue dosing at 500mg/week for 10 weeks.. followed by PCT.

i eat well, probbly too well, given the fact that i train so little. 6 meals a day... whole eggs, oats, chicken, beef mince, shakes, lots of brocolli, sweet potato and rice.

so... i'm kind of at my wits end.

i'd appreciate some advice from those of you who have trained both clean/natural and while 'on'.

this is school and i'm ready to learn.....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm not quite sure what you're asking....maybe you can clarify.

I'd also suggest a different forum to post this question in.... "FLA Training Forum" is not the normal "Training forum", its for FLA Training...an online training company run by the anabolicminds.com forum owner.

gruntjc

Awards
hi guys.. thanks for your replies, thus far..

here is a little more info on me further to my original thread..

Goal is muscle... I suppose I've been training more for strength and hoping that that would translate into muscle gains... but it hasnt.

Training:
Monday - Chest/Back/Sh/Tri/Bi
chest = decline bench x 2 sets (anywhere from 6-12 reps), incline flyes x 1 set to failure
Back = BB Row x 2 heavy sets
Sh = Lateral Raises x 2 sets or 1 rest pause set
Tri = pushdown x 2 sets (6-10 reps)

Wed - Legs/Hams/Calves
Quads = Squat x 2 sets (could be 15 reps, could be 8... depending on weight I use)
Hams = Stiff LEg Deadlift x 2 sets
Calves x 2 sets or 1 Rest Pause Set

Friday - Back/Chest/Sh/Tri/Bi
Back = Deadlifts x 2 heavy sets (6-10 reps)
Pulldown = x 1 set to failure
Chest = DB Press or Smith Incline Press x 2 sets to failure
Shoulders = BB Sh Press x 2 sets
Biceps = 1-2 sets of DB curls to failure (may substitute barbell)
Triceps = close grip bench x 2 sets to failure (or 1 short)

Diet....

8:30am - 4 whole eggs, 1/2 cup raw oatmeal (cooked)
11:30am - beef mince or steak or chicken thigh (200-300gm) with 1/4 cup rice or small sweet potato and brocolli
1:30/2:00pm - same as 11:30am
4:00pm -same as mid-morning and lunch
5:00pm - preworkout protein shake
6:00/30pm - workout
7:30/8:00pm - post workout shake (2-3 scoops of WPI/WPC with 2 scoops of dextrose)
8:30pm - chicken breast with brocolli and small potato
10:30/11:00pm - could be 4 whole eggs or 8 egg whites.

* drink approx 3 litres of water/day.

advice would be appreciated.

cheers
JC

burymestanding

burymestanding

Awards
sounds like you just need some good motivation, I watch Lee Priest the Blond Myth when I need to get motivated, or just get a good lifting partner

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Posting your diet means little if we don't know BodyWeight, height, BodyFat etc. I'm sure a lot of people would be more than happy to help, but you need to give us more and ask a specific question.
I also don't really understand how you say you've been working for strength yet you don't like volume training? Volume is a cornerstone to strength training. Just a quick glance at your w/o and the first thing I would do is say quit doing 2 sets and start doing 3-4 sets. Hypertrophy! learn it, know it, live it.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
have your strength gains stopped also. Maybe you just need a break to rejuvinate yourself?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As the others I am not totally sure as to what you are asking. I will however say that if you are not already 100% committed to your diet/training cycling to me seems completely pointless. Maybe spend another month or so really getting back into it before hopping on.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Training:
Monday - Chest/Back/Sh/Tri/Bi
chest = decline bench x 2 sets (anywhere from 6-12 reps), incline flyes x 1 set to failure
Back = BB Row x 2 heavy sets
Sh = Lateral Raises x 2 sets or 1 rest pause set
Tri = pushdown x 2 sets (6-10 reps)

Wed - Legs/Hams/Calves
Quads = Squat x 2 sets (could be 15 reps, could be 8... depending on weight I use)
Hams = Stiff LEg Deadlift x 2 sets
Calves x 2 sets or 1 Rest Pause Set

Friday - Back/Chest/Sh/Tri/Bi
Back = Deadlifts x 2 heavy sets (6-10 reps)
Pulldown = x 1 set to failure
Chest = DB Press or Smith Incline Press x 2 sets to failure
Shoulders = BB Sh Press x 2 sets
Biceps = 1-2 sets of DB curls to failure (may substitute barbell)
Triceps = close grip bench x 2 sets to failure (or 1 short)

JC
Could you tell us how long these workouts take you approximately?

personally i do not think that you are doing enough sets on the same muscle group, and you are also working too many muscle groups in one day.

you should work muscle groups that are close together on the same day, i believe this is a rule of thumb. someone correct me if im wrong. you should do 3-4 sets of every exercise and at least two different exercises for each muscle if you are looking for growth. lifting a bit heavier will also help to activate androgen receptors, which results in increased gains. aim for about 8 reps per exercise.

also for those of you who have read my other posts, im a big fan of milk. its the ultimate anabolic food. get yourself some fat free milk and drink a gallon of it a day and you will pack on mass even with your above exercise routine.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
also for those of you who have read my other posts, im a big fan of milk. its the ultimate anabolic food. get yourself some fat free milk and drink a gallon of it a day and you will pack on mass even with your above exercise routine.
LoL, I don't doubt that this works for you, I just never heard milk called anabolic before and thought it funny, BTW Milk is like a fat pill for me, I'd be better off eating donuts! We are all different, but you'll never know unless you try it.