SLDL and straight leg stuff

1. Banned

SLDL and straight leg stuff

i am not flexible at all so when i start doing SLDL and good mornings, my ROM is like two inches it is ridiculous, i know stretching is the answer but can someone please recommend a strecthgin routine/what time of day/how long do i hold it/how many times per week/

thank you!

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Look into some posterior core/lower back/ham stretches. That area can become extremely tense through other motions, and especially if you have a job where you sit alot. The tendons which connect from your Hamstrings to your lower back can become very tense and that imepedes motion/flexibility quite abit. Look into a very basic 15 minute Yoga routine, do that twice a day and I guarantee your ROM will improve

P.S. Yoga's the ****
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I use the wooden dowel type rods as a mock good morning and DL bar for unweighted stretching. Just slowly increase the stretch and never bounce. It'll take time.
    •   

4. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Look into some posterior core/lower back/ham stretches. That area can become extremely tense through other motions, and especially if you have a job where you sit alot. The tendons which connect from your Hamstrings to your lower back can become very tense and that imepedes motion/flexibility quite abit. Look into a very basic 15 minute Yoga routine, do that twice a day and I guarantee your ROM will improve

P.S. Yoga's the ****
    oh ok i have been doing a 30 second stretch (touch each foot 30 seconds) before bed but i will look at yoga, where can i find yoga routines for the purpose of increasing straight legg ROM?
  5. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by khan8
    oh ok i have been doing a 30 second stretch (touch each foot 30 seconds) before bed but i will look at yoga, where can i find yoga routines for the purpose of increasing straight legg ROM?
    If you just google a 15 minute Yoga routine, they are all over the net. I know Downward Dog and Mountain both are amazing at gaining flexibility in the posterior core.
  6. Banned

the only stuff i can find is some spiritual and healing stuff...uhh cant find anything about flexibilty but ill keep looking
  7. glg

Qualifications - 35+ Yrs in martial arts, some time in Yoga off and on etc.

There are sever really good books on stretching on the market as well as some videos.

Current theory is to stretch post workout, non-ballistic etc.

Also being an old man (58) I find it best if I do a little stretching several time a day. Just stop and bend over and hang while trying to relax, feet 6 - 12 " apart. I have found over the years that I am actually more stiff in the low back area than in the quads.

I especially like stretching in the hot tub at the gym or in the shower with the hot water aimed at my lo back and thighs. muscles, ligaments and tendons are relaxed, pliable and warmed up. (just don't fall in the shower - LOL).

Strechting is the opposite of lifting - a little done a lot goes a long way.
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

the only stuff i can find is some spiritual and healing stuff...uhh cant find anything about flexibilty but ill keep looking
    lol...Condensed Yoga Routine

No pics, but good description. Doing this will give you alot of added flexibility
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Ahh... Mullet... good job. Yoga is indeed the shizzy and people need to realize. It will compliment every facet of your life, including your flexibility issues.
  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    Ahh... Mullet... good job. Yoga is indeed the shizzy and people need to realize. It will compliment every facet of your life, including your flexibility issues.
    Most definitely Ubi. I was only waiting for you to chime in, I too wish more individuals would realize how it can/will benefit every facet of their life. I actually used to have an insane temper when I was a little younger, it may sound cheesy but Yoga taught me to calm down.
  11. Banned

Yes, here is what you do:

Put the TV remote on the floor, so you have to bend over and pick it up See how easy that was?
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    lol...Condensed Yoga Routine

No pics, but good description. Doing this will give you alot of added flexibility
    oh ok thank you but will it still benifit me if i skip the meditation deep breathing poses stuff and just do the ones with stretches?? i am asking this because i am really only looking for flexibilty whats ur opinion?
    thank you for the link!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Can I ask you why you are scared of learning breath control? Breathing through the stretch is very beneficial. You should do it how it is outlined.. don't be closeminded.
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

oh ok thank you but will it still benifit me if i skip the meditation deep breathing poses stuff and just do the ones with stretches?? i am asking this because i am really only looking for flexibilty whats ur opinion?
    thank you for the link!
    The deep, controlled breathing of Yoga is 90% of it's benefit. Learning to channel your breath into the deepest part of your lungs allows you to draw more oxygen into your body, it can teach you to lower your heart rate while doing cardio, can help you ALOT during a tough rep. I think you should just try to buy into it, I think it will benefit you alot.
  15. Banned

oh ok i see thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mirapex and Restless Leg syndrome
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
  2. DHT and Pre-DHT Stuff OTHER QUESTION
    By JoeJack101 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 10:41 AM