this is rediculous

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i cant even squat without leaning forward alot because my damn core is too damn weak to even stablize me, does anyone have any suggestions what to do to be able to squat normally ASAP before i quit thankks

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Core Exercises but also make sure your hamstrings aren't tight. If your hamstrings are short you won't be able to perform squats correctly and shift forward to compensate.

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
posterior work and ab work 2xs per week, squat day heavy low reps(5), deadlift/back day heavy high reps(20)

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
what everyone else said !! + deadlift, deadlift, deadlift

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sorry i forgot to say i cannot deadlift (hurts lower back)

so would doing hyperpextensions along with ab work twice a week be good?

sorry i should have mentioned that

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Core Exercises but also make sure your hamstrings aren't tight. If your hamstrings are short you won't be able to perform squats correctly and shift forward to compensate.
how do i make sure they are not tight?

and i also think the reason may have something to do with my ankles my toes come off the ground if i try to lean back

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
What kind of pain? nerve, disc or muscle pain - if muscle, stretch use light weight and work it up - the rest your screwed :) J/K - if your back is done (too much pain) squating may not be for you - roman chair, good mornings, straight leg deads to build that lower back - like everyone else said lots of core training too.

The hamstrings being too short is a long shot IMO, it would make you lean forward correct but your core has to be strong first in order to determine if that is the problem.

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what kind of numbers do you put up? what are your stats?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Start out using dumbells for squating. Just hang the mto your side and use a weight you can do high reps with.

This will be much easier, and help youi develope your form. The high reps will "train" your body to that motion as well, and you'll find your balance.
Im teling you, I had the same problem,.. squats kept stressing my lower back, and I just couldnt "get it".
I COULD however, just do the squat motion with no weight and feel it perfectly. So I grabbed 2 45lb dumbells, and spend like an hour doing squats wit hthe weight to my side- for VERY controlled reps of 15. I dont know how many sets I did, but it was a lot. After I did this routine twice, I could use the squat bar :head:

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bench: RC problems, but before RC stuff i could prolly get 135

squat: i squat the bar

deadlift: 85 and it hurts

how old are you? how much do you weigh? how long have you been lifting?

it's not back problems, you're just not strong enough, we all were there at one point in time, 2 years ago i could barely squat 95lbs, now i can squat ~455 with just a belt, just takes a lot of hard work

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im 15 i have been lifting for 7 months but i was overtraining and going through the motions for the majority and doing that upper lower stuff

and i feel the pain in my vertabrea, is that still because im not strong enough

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im 15 i have been lifting for 7 months but i was overtraining and going through the motions for the majority and doing that upper lower stuff

and i feel the pain in my vertabrea, is that still because im not strong enough

how much do you weigh? play any sports? ever have any back problems before? when was the last time you took a break?

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i weigh 150 and i have pulled my lower back before and couldnt do much but i think it was the muscle i puled before i pulled it jumping on a trampoline, and then another time when i was jumping over a tennis net, and then i forgto the others but i have a reallllly weak core

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had your problem and it's a slow but steady course to get back to normal using diet and exercise

This is what I did to bring my core back

1. Crunches
2. Squats with just the bar
3. good mornings with just a stretching stick
4. dumbell alternating exercises to help build the stabilizers
5. More crunches using various styles

Everything super light weight and diet to bring down any excess body fat. If your core was as weak as mine then you'll also need to stop when you feel a cramp coming on. Do these daily.

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
why would i diet to bring down body fat, wouldnt i need to eat more

but thank you for the info though

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
at your age you need to eat as much as possible, if you want a full routine pm me

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do you mean eating just like as much as i can and not worrying about the macros
or eating off a certain diet with a certain number of cals/pros/carbs

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and sorry i can only read PMs it wont let me send them..

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant that if you're holding on to excess body fat especially in the mid section then you need to diet to clean that up. Diet doesn't mean not eat it means to get your food in ordeer to make the goals you have set. in this case it's a diet that will facilitate giving you the means to build your core while keeping excess fat to a minimum and/or reducing any fat you may have.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anytime man, stick around and read up and you'll see a lot of guys that were like us but overcame it and provide the info to others to help em out.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
try squatting on the smith or doing front squats. Lower back pain can be helped by strengthening your abs as they share the upper body load. strech as much as you can and if your back is inflammed take ibuprophen or ice it 10 min on 10 off after exercise. inflammed tissue cannot heal and once its nolonger inflammed you can alternate 10 ice 10 heat, or sleep with a heat pad at night to speed recovery.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
you might be putting too much pressure on your lower back by putting too much of a curve into it.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
you might be putting too much pressure on your lower back by putting too much of a curve into it.
Yeah bro thats exactly what i meant with the weak abs i had this exact problem. need strong abs to pull the upper body straight and prevent overarching. thanks pv!

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
So is mine, and I have a strong core and I find myself over arching because I always worry about rounding. As long as you don't round don't worry about using your back so much, focus the weight over your heels. Thaks for the reps somewhatgifted.

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so like on deadlifts i can round my back a little instead of arching it?

PS hey look i have 85 posts thats what i deadlift hha

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
No, don't round, just focus on it so heavily, as long as it doesn't round you should be fine.

Edit- I meant to say just [don't] focus on it so heavily.

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
naturally arched back is a good thing, i'll pm you tommorrow with a routine

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thank you and this routine focuses on core i assume?

and what should i do abouyt painful deads?

thanks

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i cant pm you since you didnt donate, email me at take out the spaces and let me know when you have it

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bud, those aches and pains you have are nothing you can't take care of. You'll be up to speed in no time, BUT you have to be PATIENT!

I'm sure guy will take care of ya. ;)

M

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet is calf and ankle flexability. I'm very stiff myself, and find that it's nearly impossible to squat down without either leaning forward or excessively arching my lower back.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet is calf and ankle flexability. I'm very stiff myself, and find that it's nearly impossible to squat down without either leaning forward or excessively arching my lower back.
Good point, calf stretches and soleus/achilles tendon stretches are good to fix that.

Calf & Achilles' Tendon Stretches

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Squats really are a pain in the ass exercise. I can't "sit back" unless I go at least semi-sumo, but in that case I work my hips too much and I'm trying to nail my quads. So, I just do my best and all works well.

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Squats really are a pain in the ass exercise. I can't "sit back" unless I go at least semi-sumo, but in that case I work my hips too much and I'm trying to nail my quads. So, I just do my best and all works well.
a set of 20 on the leg press with a narrow stance will fix that :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing the close-legged leg press movements, but I hate loading the plates. LOL. So, I just do close legged squats and make sure I don't hurt my back. I go lighter than I need to, but never stop or lock out unless aboslutely necessary and keep constant tension on the muscles. It works better for me than the leg press. trashes my quads and glutes and I only have to load 1/3 to 1/4 of the plates, lol.

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been doing the close-legged leg press movements, but I hate loading the plates. LOL. So, I just do close legged squats and make sure I don't hurt my back. I go lighter than I need to, but never stop or lock out unless aboslutely necessary and keep constant tension on the muscles. It works better for me than the leg press. trashes my quads and glutes and I only have to load 1/3 to 1/4 of the plates, lol.
your taking it for granted i would love to "load up the plates"

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
your taking it for granted i would love to "load up the plates"
LOL You'll get there, just be patient and listen to these guys, they know what they're talking about.
Also make sure you warm up properly before you go to your working weight.

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how far should my ROM be on the iuncline leg press???????????

G

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
till your butt is about to come off the bench

K

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thats pretty short but it wont come off the bench if i hold myself down really hard with the handles