requesting chest routine

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sorry i posted this in another forum but it was in FLA oops.

anyways,
i have been doing therapy for about a month for my rotatoer cuff andf i havent been able to work out my chest or shoulders for a long time.

for when i am able to train again, can you pleas recommend a chest routine that is NOT hard on the rotator cuffs?

same with shoulder routine too, thank you very much this is a vbery helpful forum so far.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bump because i need some suggestions i start working out my chest and shoulders this week if my therapist allows

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
edit: routine down

have fun hurting yourself

Last edited:

precious_roy

Awards
Actually I think (not totally positive) that any pressing movement in which the grip is hammer as opposed to normal pronated is much gentler on the rotator cuff. Therefore, as the previous guy mentioned, hammer DB presses are great. Also don't forget about chest oriented dips. If your gym has one of those counterweight machines that would work for you as well.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i thought it was bad to do rotator work before pressing movements?

and sorry i meant a chest routine and shoulder routine (seperate)

thank you

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i thought it was bad to do rotator work before pressing movements?

and sorry i meant a chest routine and shoulder routine (seperate)

thank you
shoulders get hit real hard with benching, so it's best to do them right after benching, especially if you have problems with your rotators. and as long as the rotator work is light it's actually better, warms up your shoulders for benching, i know many 700+ benchers that do rotator work as part of their warmups.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Actually I think (not totally positive) that any pressing movement in which the grip is hammer as opposed to normal pronated is much gentler on the rotator cuff. Therefore, as the previous guy mentioned, hammer DB presses are great
you got it, and they are a nice tri excersize too

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive heard doing RC work loosens it up and open it up for injury when training chest, so ive heard to do it afterwards

also, in that workout you requested, you inclluded tris but there are no compound moves for it

also, my shoulders are lagging so i need to have them on their own day

thank you

precious_roy

Awards
ive heard doing RC work loosens it up and open it up for injury when training chest, so ive heard to do it afterwards

also, in that workout you requested, you inclluded tris but there are no compound moves for it

also, my shoulders are lagging so i need to have them on their own day

thank you
Generally, compound movements should be done before the isolation movements. I don't know that he was specifying that you did the exercises in that order.

And any pressing movement is a compound movement that includes the triceps.

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea but their are mass builder for tris
like CGBP and skulls

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yea but their are mass builder for tris
like CGBP and skulls
what do you think the hammer grip dbs are for?

if you dont want to take my advice, that's fine, but dont make a thread that asks for a routine then when a guy gives you one you say it's no good. that's basiclaly a routine that a guy who benches over 450 raw gives out. you put shoulders on your own day and you are going to hurt your rotators even more, dont do rotator work and see how much longer it hurts. dont matter to me, you're the one that's going to be hurt for the rest of your life

khan8

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i never said that was a bad workout, i was just about to write it down but you edited it. the main question i had (after finding out DB hammers are for tris) is the RC work before chest, but if you say thats ok, then i will do it geez.

since thats deleated does anyone have a chest/tris/shoulder workout

guyfromkop, can you please explain why i would injure my RC's having shoulders on their own day considering i would do a 2 warm up DB presses before working sets. im just wondering (im going to have shoulders with chest from now on)