Decided to try HST, couple of Q's

Beebs

Awards
I'm no longer gaining any strength or size on my current schedule despite my increased efforts in dieting and supplementing, so I've decided to give HST a go just to see how I respond.

Onto the questions:
1. I can only work out during the weekdays, and only for a maximum of 50 minutes at a time because of my schedule. I'm taking a weight training class for a PE credit and its Mon, Wed, and Fri for 50 minutes. Would it be ok to split up the HST and do half in the morning and half at night. I was thinking of doing something like this:
1. Mon- Morning Push, Evening Pull
2. Wed- Morning Pull, Evening Push
3. Fri- Morning Push, Evening Pull

2. What about deadlifts? I haven't seen them incorporated into any HST programs, and I think they may be too taxing on the CNS to do 3x a week. I'll be sad to see them go :(

3. How should my diet be on workout vs. non-workout days since I'll probably be going through my glycogen stores twice on workout days.

4. I've decided to not do negative reps this first cycle since I don't really know what to do and don't have a spotter all the time. Is it ok just to go another two weeks at the 5RM max like is recommended, or am I going to missing out on a lot of gains?

Thanks in advance guys. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated at the end.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be starting to use this training method aswell soon. Looking forward to it :)
1) sure you can split it like that but I don't believe the complete workout should last longer than an hour.
2) on the official HST site they show an example exercise list and deadlift is the second in the list, keep it in definately.
3) /
4) Not to sure...I wouldn't mind knowing because I'll probably be partner-less by the time it comes around.

Beebs

Awards
Thanks. On the site they recommend stiff leg dead lifts which are mainly for hamstrings. I'll try to fit it into an hour if I can, but the schedule is pretty intimidating. I'll try and post a pic if I can.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Go to the HST boards, they'll be of help. I'd help but i'm too sloshed right now.

Beebs

Awards
So I've cut down my schedule drastically after seeking advice at the hsnhst.com board. I am also alternating squats/bench/chins with deads/dips/rows with the rest of the sets remaining the same on each day (M Press, Calves, Shrugs, Abs). I did my first workout today and it only took 30 minutes. I know its going to be easy at first, and am focusing on increasing joint/tendon strength.

I will be doing 2 weeks of each:
1x15
2x10
3x5
3x5 mixed with negative reps on some excersizes.
SD ***** lol I tried to put S D and it turned it into superdrol. What I mean is 2 weeks of Strategic Deconditioning. Damn you prohormoners :smite: