Poll: How many days a week do you lift weights?

How many days a week to you lift?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    4829

    How many days a week to you lift?


    How many days a week do you lift weights?
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27062

    Usually ends up being three. 1on1off-1on1off-1on1off-2off repeat
  3. Registered User
    Viperspit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,766
    Rep Power
    998

    4 day split here

    Sun - Chest/Tris/Abs
    Mon - Legs
    Wed - Delts/Bi's/Abs
    Fri - Back/Abs

    Cardio each w/o day. I know you really wanted my split routine. Who can blame ya?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    theragingbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Gilbert Az.
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    123

    Six on One off been doing this for 10 years have made alot of gains but it should be what ever you feel good with.
  5. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2149

    I've been doing
    Day 1: Chest/Back Width/Delts/Back Thickness/Tris
    Day 2: Bis/Calves/Forearms
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Quads/Hams/Abs
    Day 5: Rest
    REPEAT

    I end up with at least 4, usually 5, sessions per week. I'm sure I could get away with less, but I absolutely love going to the gym, and would probably physically assault students w/o the proper outlet to vent my frustration. I end up being an extremely patient teacher

    The above split is my tweak to DC training. I only do one exercise per bodypart each workout, but hit everything 3 times using different exercised over the course of 15 days. Me gusta mucho
  6. Gold Member
    EEmain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    565

    3 on 1 off. Push-Legs-Pull-Rest repeat.
  7. Registered User
    CHAPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,382
    Rep Power
    2867

    6 on 1 off, my body just likes high volume
  8. Gold Member
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,430
    Rep Power
    2149

    I just started logging my workouts if anyone is interested. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/power...-training.html
  9. Registered User
    moflika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    nomad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    148

    4

    Mon: Chest/Bi/Abs
    Tues: Legs/Lower Back
    Weds: Cardio/Abs
    Thurs: Delts/Tris
    Fri: Back/Forearms/Abs
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Rest
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At the buffet
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,448
    Rep Power
    27397

    DC like program. Rotate between 2 on 1 off and 1 on 1 off. Basically either 4 or 5 days ew, not including cardio sessions.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  11. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Rose City
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    1410

    Only 1-2 days for me. It's all I can afford right now. Hit only major bodyparts, no arms, abs, neck, other little ****... Go to failure, 6-9 sets. Works for me for now...
  12. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Power
    898

    Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI
    Only 1-2 days for me. It's all I can afford right now. Hit only major bodyparts, no arms, abs, neck, other little ****... Go to failure, 6-9 sets. Works for me for now...
    Do you pay per time for your workouts? Why not get a monthly membership instead (if you dont have it already).


    Im in the gym 5days a week, other than that can't really say my workouts (Im training with a clown right now).
  13. Gold Member
    delta314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The basement of the gym
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    364

    Usually 5 days a week,
    Monday chest + cardio
    Tuesday bi's & tri's + cardio
    Wednesday legs
    Thursday shoulders + cardio
    Friday back + cardio
    Saturday cardio
    Sunday izza: :hot: :burg: hehehe
  14. I know nothing...
    DmitryWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Rose City
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    1410

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    Do you pay per time for your workouts? Why not get a monthly membership instead (if you dont have it already).


    Im in the gym 5days a week, other than that can't really say my workouts (Im training with a clown right now).
    Oh, I didn't mean I can't afford moneywise, I'm friends with owner and have 24/7 access and most of the time I'm the only one in the gym, kind of nice. But I'm too busy/tired to workout more often.
  15. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Power
    898

    Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI
    Oh, I didn't mean I can't afford moneywise, I'm friends with owner and have 24/7 access and most of the time I'm the only one in the gym, kind of nice. But I'm too busy/tired to workout more often.

    I hear ya with the time problem. When Im working and getting close to 50hours in its hard as hell to get in and still have time to go out with friends and just relax it seems.
  16. Registered User
    PVSkyHigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    386

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I just started logging my workouts if anyone is interested. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/power...-training.html
    I'm reading this one.
  17. Registered User
    Mess's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    287

    2 days on 1 day off
  18. Board Supporter
    mnickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    34
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    122

    5 days/week

    Day1 - Legs
    Day2 - Chest
    Day3 - Shoulders/Abs
    Day4 - Off
    Day5 - Back
    Day6 - Arms/Abs
    Day7 - Off

    Sometimes I do 3 days on 2 days off

    Day1 - Legs/Abs
    Day2 - Chest/Shoulders
    Day3 - Back/Arms
    Day4 - Off
    Day5 - Off
  19. Registered User
    ICEBERG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    145

    5 Days

    Chest/Tris
    Bis/ Back/Lower back/ Abs (biceps before back is insane but the idea is that once you get to Back- you use your Back muscles rather than your arms to move the weight)
    Legs
    Shoulders/Abs
    Triceps/Biceps

    I don't do cardio because it kills my size and strength. I reach a fat burning BP during my weight training. I am still not sold on not doing cardio but I have shredded down to 11% BF from 19% in January.
  20. BPB
    BPB is offline
    Registered User
    BPB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    117

    Out of curiosity, how bad is it for you to lift 7 days a week? If diet is spot on, split is chest, back, shoulders, hams, quads, bi's, tri's(not in this particular order) and roughly 6-8 hours of sleep a night. I have always been able to handle high volume and or frequency, but i really am not trying to fry the cns.

    I am also working at lowes in the lumber department...biceps and front delts are worked a bit there.
  21. Registered User
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    1769

    5 days
    back
    chest
    legs
    arms
    shoulders

    abs 3x a week cardio 6 I have to move my muscle groups around depending on if I training muay thai or mma that night some days
  22. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Rep Power
    11678

    2 times a day 6-7 days a week now. trying something a bit new i've never done before.
  23. Registered User
    Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    324

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    Do you pay per time for your workouts? Why not get a monthly membership instead (if you dont have it already).


    Im in the gym 5days a week, other than that can't really say my workouts (Im training with a clown right now).
    His routine would be typical for "Hardgainer" style routines promoted by Stuart McRobert. Honestly, if more people gave them a shot there'd be a lot more satisfied bodybuilders. I was one of the unlucky people who inherited crappy genetics and trained 4-5 days per week for years without results. Then finally, someone put me on to Stuarts book and I'm finally hitting near the 200 pound body mass mark with 300+ bench, 400+ squat..... for reps.
  24. Registered User
    cdc1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    119

    3 days a week for me

    legs
    off
    push
    off
    pull
    off
    off

    Thinking of dropping a rest day and going with every second day off.
  25. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    152

    I prefer to do 5 days a week but frequently only make it 4 because of work or the kids etc.

    Mon Back, light bi's and forearms
    Tues delts and calves
    Wed Legs
    Thurs Chest
    Friday arms

    I throw cardio in at the gym when ever I can spare the time and usually run a couple of miles 2 times a week after work. My routine has been close to this with slight variations for the past 4 years.
  26. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    2 times a day 6-7 days a week now. trying something a bit new i've never done before.


    Dude, are you going pro. My wife would kill me if I was at the gym that much. I do it while she sleeps as it is. There is no way I could fit that many in while she sleeps. I would certainly lose some BF% if I did this. Are you sure you are not overtraining?

    C2
  27. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    His routine would be typical for "Hardgainer" style routines promoted by Stuart McRobert. Honestly, if more people gave them a shot there'd be a lot more satisfied bodybuilders. I was one of the unlucky people who inherited crappy genetics and trained 4-5 days per week for years without results. Then finally, someone put me on to Stuarts book and I'm finally hitting near the 200 pound body mass mark with 300+ bench, 400+ squat..... for reps.
    Are you referring to a routine where less time is spent in the gym? I have noticed, at times where I have had several consecutive days away from the gym, feeling much stronger than expected upon my return. I will check out Stuart McRobert and see what I find.

    c2
  28. Registered User
    Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    324

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker2
    Are you referring to a routine where less time is spent in the gym? I have noticed, at times where I have had several consecutive days away from the gym, feeling much stronger than expected upon my return. I will check out Stuart McRobert and see what I find.

    c2
    Exactly. However Stuart's work is based on low volume and reduced frequency. It's literally based on the idea of doing just enough work to stimulate muscle growth and nothing more. Whole body workouts twice a week are the name of the game.
  29. Registered User
    Ziricote's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    1386

    Right now it's 4 just so I can keep the number of exercises per workout around 2-3.
  30. Registered User
    UHCougar05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Home or The Warehouse Gym
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    736

    4 day split ala Westside Barbell. :good:
  31. Registered User
    Cracker2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Age
    43
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    152

    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    Exactly. However Stuart's work is based on low volume and reduced frequency. It's literally based on the idea of doing just enough work to stimulate muscle growth and nothing more. Whole body workouts twice a week are the name of the game.
    Thanks. Sounds interesting. I will look into it and may give it a try to see how it works for me.
  32. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    857

    6-7 days a week, heavy/light rotated
    Legs/Stomach
    Chest
    arms/calves
    Back/stomach
    Shoulders
    arms
    Legs/stomach
  33. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Rep Power
    11678

    Well, once is after work and my wife is at work and the other is on the way to work and my wife is at work And I pay attention as much as I can when training so I don't overtrain. If I feel worn then i'll just work some abs or do a lot of stretches or hit some exercises that I missed before due to time etc.

    Week 1
    Work Days
    Mon 630-730am 4-530pm
    Tue 630-730am 4-530pm
    Non Work Days
    Wed 1.5-2 hours at some time
    Thu 1.5-2 hours at some time
    Work Days
    Fri 630-730am 4-530pm
    Sat 630-730am 4-530pm
    Sun 630-730am 4-530pm

    Week 2
    Non Work Days
    Mon 1.5-2 hours at some time
    Tue 1.5-2 hours at some time
    Work Days
    Wed 630-730am 4-530pm
    Thu 630-730am 4-530pm
    Non Work Days
    Fri 1.5-2 hours at some time
    Sat 1.5-2 hours at some time
    Sun 1.5-2 hours at some time
  34. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    mon - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
    tues - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    wed- off
    thurs - same as monday
    fri - same as tuesday
    sat - off
    sun - off
  35. Registered User
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    1769

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    mon - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves
    tues - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    wed- off
    thurs - same as monday
    fri - same as tuesday
    sat - off
    sun - off

    So your working chest 2x a week how is that going or have you been doing that for a while I used to do 2x a week than switched to 1x a week for each bodypart. weird thing is on 2x a week my weight/reps would go up quicker but not my max lifts. like on Bench I could do 3x6 at a higher weight quicker but my Max stayed stagnant for longer periods?
  36. Registered User
    Beelzebub's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,680
    Rep Power
    10785

    been doing it since october-ish this past year. not a typical program though, one exercise per bodypart, most popularly (sp?) known as DC training.
  37. Registered User
    mixedup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    1769

    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    been doing it since october-ish this past year. not a typical program though, one exercise per bodypart, most popularly (sp?) known as DC training.

    OH ok i have read a couple articles on DC training. Thanks for the reply
  38. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    857

    DC training? Sounds like an off-shoot of Mentzer/Yates type training, I'll have to study up on it. Beelzebub are familar with those and is it close or something completely different.
  39. Registered User
    Gethuge's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    324

    Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    DC training? Sounds like an off-shoot of Mentzer/Yates type training, I'll have to study up on it. Beelzebub are familar with those and is it close or something completely different.
    Well, it's similar to heavy duty in the sense that it is very intense and brief but that's about where it ends. DC preaches very intense training for very low volume so that frequency can be high. Herein lies the key difference. Mentzer kinda went off the deep end when in came to frequency and DC kinda picked up the pieces.
  40. Registered User
    Basso's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    857

    Quote Originally Posted by Gethuge
    Well, it's similar to heavy duty in the sense that it is very intense and brief but that's about where it ends. DC preaches very intense training for very low volume so that frequency can be high. Herein lies the key difference. Mentzer kinda went off the deep end when in came to frequency and DC kinda picked up the pieces.
    Aaah, thanks, I always hated Heavy Duty, and I doubt I would respond well to this either, I'm a volume kinda guy. But sounds interesting I'll have to read up on it. Never can know too much!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. how many times a week do you train abs?
    By srocco112 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 04:18 AM
  2. Only three consecutive days a week to lift
    By okboy63 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 09:01 PM
  3. Replies: 107
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:36 AM
  5. how many days a week
    By shaggy in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 12:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in