BB Lifts....

Buff Bagwell

So to save some money I have decided to workout at my house. I have an olympic weight bench that inclines and BB with around 300 lbs of weight so it should be plenty. I think I should be able to hit pretty much everything with what I have, but I was wondering if anybody knew of any other good Barbell exercises. Right now my goal is MASS.

I am already doing bent over rows, deads, squats, shoulder press, flat bench, incline bench.

Any other good one I was thinking upright rows...

I don't any help greatly appreciated

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Throw in a couple of sets for each bi's & tri's (e.g. bb curls, close grip bench or skull crushers) and you can go quite a ways with that setup. I would recommend getting some kind of pull-up bar too. It's old-style, but basing your workout on several heavy, compound movements is a good idea in my book. In fact, I think too many people tend to over-use machines and isolation movements. Get back to the basics. Lift hard and heavy and you're good. jmho

dd

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Throw in a couple of sets for each bi's & tri's (e.g. bb curls, close grip bench or skull crushers) and you can go quite a ways with that setup. I would recommend getting some kind of pull-up bar too. It's old-style, but basing your workout on several heavy, compound movements is a good idea in my book. In fact, I think too many people tend to over-use machines and isolation movements. Get back to the basics. Lift hard and heavy and you're good. jmho

dd

I agree with DD. With that basic setup you can get all kinds of things done. If you have plates don't forget you can do weighted pushups (plates on your back), bench dips with plates on your lap. I would buy a EZ curl bar just so my wrists could take a break but your basically good to go. Pullup bar would be nice but I do those on the playground right around the corner.

Buff Bagwell

Alright... Thanks a lot guys I am really excited to have this setup going. Not only is it going to save me money in the long run, but it is also a heck of alot more convenient.

My split looks like this right now:
Monday - Chest/Bi
Tuesday - Legs
Wenesday - OFF
Thursday - Shoulders/Tri's
Friday - Back
Sat - OFF
Sun - OFF

Maybe a little light cardio on the off days (i.e. swimming mostly for me..)

I am bulking right now so not too much cardio. :hot:

And of course on all these days its going to be mostly barbell basic compound movements until I can get some DB's.

Let me know what you guys think.

:dl: :squat:

Plenum

Awards
You can add in some shrugs and seated calf raises.