Banned
Awards
  • Established
I currently do these:

Shoulder Press
Upright rows
lateral raises

3 set of each @ 10 reps, heavy

I would like to hear from others how to make them bad boys grow and respond :)

I did have shoulder reconstruction twice :( I was a bad girl, but now Im doing good and lifting heavy.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Do you do side lateral, or front lateral raises???

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmm....

How long have you been doing this shoulder routine? Also, you said that you train heavy but your getting 10 reps?? In my mind 10 reps does not equal heavy....Do you press with dumbells or barbells?

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmm....

How long have you been doing this shoulder routine? Also, you said that you train heavy but your getting 10 reps?? In my mind 10 reps does not equal heavy....Do you press with dumbells or barbells?

Actually I go up in weight when I get to 10 reps, I start at 6 reps, I find a weight I can only get six reps from, then each workout I try for more till I get to ten reps then I move up, but a few things I stay there for a few weeks because the next highest weight is maybe still too heavy for 6 reps.

Here is my workout from today:

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
I didn't start gaining any real shoulder width until I began doing heavy (5-6 reps) drop sets on dumbell presses and moderate weight (8-10 reps) supersets on front and side lateral raises.....

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do side and front laterals and bent over latereal raises. Use the cable machine for inner and outer rotator exercises. in front and behind the neck military presses. It seems that using drop sets for the presses gets the most result, for me.
Bent over cable raises(not sure of the proper term)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didn't start gaining any real shoulder width until I began doing heavy (5-6 reps) drop sets on dumbell presses and moderate weight (8-10 reps) supersets on front and side lateral raises.....

I did put on one inch in about 9 weeks of this workout, I do the same training for 12 weeks, Im about to get a new routine, in one week.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
3 sets Heavy DB Militarys, 3 sets heavy Hammer Strength Militarys, 3 sets cable side laterals moderate to heavy, 3 sets bent DB laterals (rear) heavy as possible. you will be carrying kegs of beer on your shoulders in no time :D

Rico1578

Awards
3X6 DB Shoulder press
3X6 Smith machine press
3X6 Hammer behind head press
3X10 side raises
3X10 reverse flys
3X10 front raises
2X10 wide grip seated rows
2X10 cable side raises
2X10 cable front raises

Takes me 1 hour 45 min to do whole workout.
But im anti-social.

Warm up like a mother FU$%^# ! most important.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
3X6 DB Shoulder press
3X6 Smith machine press
3X6 Hammer behind head press
3X10 side raises
3X10 reverse flys
3X10 front raises
2X10 wide grip seated rows
2X10 cable side raises
2X10 cable front raises

Takes me 1 hour 45 min to do whole workout.
But im anti-social.

Warm up like a mother FU$%^# ! most important.
Wow, can you say "Over Training" ? :p

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
I did put on one inch in about 9 weeks of this workout, I do the same training for 12 weeks, Im about to get a new routine, in one week.
Yeah, maybe try incorporating drop sets for your presses in the next iteration of your regimine....I think you will see some good results...then again, what do I know?:think:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, maybe try incorporating drop sets for your presses in the next iteration of your regimine....I think you will see some good results...then again, what do I know?:think:

Thanks for your input, I do drop sets for biceps too and love it :)

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Try doing a superset of dips and upright rows. I've done this superset every couple of weeks to help blast my shoulders/delts/upper arms. It seems to work very well. :)