Kettle Bells - AnabolicMinds.com

Kettle Bells

1. Professional Member

Kettle Bells

Does anyone have kettle bells?

If so, how effective has your training been with them?
    How much did you pay?

I am looking for some training alternatives.

2. New Member

how do u reacte to jokes
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by size
    Does anyone have kettle bells?

If so, how effective has your training been with them?
    How much did you pay?

I am looking for some training alternatives.
    i have a pair of the kettlebell handles from ironwoody, shipping on the real ones was way too much money. i think i paid like 90 for mine, then i just picked the weights up from a local shop. the ones i have can go up to like 90lbs or something like that.

i do swings and snatches with them(you can check out my log in the powerlifting section), but if you order them from ironwoody they send you a free dvd filled with excersizes. and i absolutely love them. they kick your ass like nothing else. i literally almost fall over or puke everytime i'm done using them, the cardio and muscles worked you get from them is insane. i highly suggest getting a pair.

oh and i dont know if you do deadlifts or not, but my deadlift form has greatly improved from the swings
    •   

4. Senior Member

About the iron woody kettelbell handles, I've heard that they can cut/bruise you a lot worse than a regular kettelbell. Have you experienced this at all?
  5. New Member

I have the real-deal. They are great for high intensity conditioning. You can do just about anything possible: sprints, sledge work, burpees, whatever into kettlebell work and it will destroy you (i.e. sprint 100m, then perform a set of swings or maybe do 60 sledgehammer strikes then immediatley go to highrep clean and jerks). Do circuts like this two or three times a week and in a few weeks you'll notice a huge difference. As far as strength I've found double sumo swings hit the glutes/hams hard and has had a positive affect on my sq/dl. I know some mock them (kettlebells), but if you have the money, they are an excellent training medium. Feel free to ask any questions, edelweiss.
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    About the iron woody kettelbell handles, I've heard that they can cut/bruise you a lot worse than a regular kettelbell. Have you experienced this at all?

not at all, as long as the person isnt an idiot they wont hurt themselves. i pretty much got the handles because i didnt want to dive deep into buying them all and then not liking them. it was a good starting point. plus i can add and subtract weight easily. in the future i'll probably end up with the real deals though, just buying them is no joke, a pair of 50lbers is 169.90+60 s/h and a pair of 80lbers is 229.90+96s/h
  7. Professional Member

Thank you for the feedback. I am not a powerlifter by any means but I am interested in these for more of a different training method that may be more functional.
  8. Doctor Science

These people can make fun of kettlebells all they want but ever since I went into military Special Ops and had to use them at some of the schools I went to there i have had a newfound respect for them. If you follow some of the Kettlebell workouts out that are out there, it can be a great way to get functionally stronger. It hits places that I didn't know I had haha.
  9. New Member

My experience with Kettlebells has been very good. It adds a lot of variation to my program and definitely keeps up the intensity. I especially like the kettlebell arm swings and there is a great variety of exercises you can perform with these. A lot of the exercises can be extremely challenging.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kettle bell classes
    By toughchick401 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
  2. Kettle bell reccomendations
    By bigdognhb in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
  3. sweet bell pepper
    By skull in forum Supplements