Workout Routine Question

1. Registered User
    Answers

Workout Routine Question

Hi Guys,

I have just started training on weights.I bought arnie's encyclopedia on modern bodybuilding for technical reference along with reading for the past few days reading the posts here which helped me learn few things ( atleast that i aint ready for steroids by any means..lol )

My body type is ecto-mesomorph.The suggestion in the arnie's book is to do heavy reps in a 10,6,4 style pickin heavier weights and do workouts 6 days a week where each day has two body part workouts.

MY questions :

1) Will such a style of workout be helpful? I know its kinda stupid that before even trying I am asking but i am lookin for alternative opinions if there are any since you guys are into it.
    Being into sports,i have been doing light weights for muscle toning along with cardio for few years.

2) When we say a bodypart,would a bicep and a tricep be a seperate bodypart or considered as a part of arms and constitute only one body part?

3) As of now, I weight 154 Lbs at the height of 5.7" ( i dont know the bf though).As per the logical rule, that would mean 154 grams ( 154*1) of protein per day or more ( 154* 1.5).Will excess of protein can damage such as liver.? What might be the right weight for my body structure?

4) How do i determine if i am doing overtraining.The logical answer to this would be " when you stop building muscles" ..lol but is there a scientific way for me to keep a check on if i am doing overtraining?

I plan to do weight training for minimum three years therefore looking for serious inputs from you.

For the dietary part,I am through with my research and going ahead with an intake of 3000 calories ( approx) for a start which would be supplemented by Problab Nlarge - II or Ultimate Nutrition massive whey gainer ( I liked its strawberry sample)

Thanks and take care

Morphine

2. Registered User
    Answers

Hey guys come on
  3. Gold Member
    Answers

1. b) Never EVER use the word "tone" again... toning is for soccer moms in 80's spandex getups.
    a) There are many routines. I think something like HST or Max OT are great for begginers. You can search for them in the exercise forum as there is a tone of discussion on them.

2. Yes, Bi's are a seperately trained group from Tri's.

3. No.. big myth, excess protein in 3 grams does not cause liver damage. A good diet for you is something that you can follow with good whole clean foods. Search the bulking forums for guidelines on this. What weight looks good on you is up to you. That's a question for you to answer.. not us.

4. Overtraining symptoms are: Lethargy, Restless sleep, immune system weakens - get sick more, your muscles stop growing or can decrease insize. There are more but it's the most common mistake for a newbie. You will get going with a routine and feel the need to toss in another 3 sets of biceps or chest and it just builds from there.. so stick to the routines.

Weight gainer shakes are OK, but alot of them are crap with high glycemic carbs and simple sugars. Make sure you visit the bulking forum.

Why have you set a 3 year minimum on lifting? It's a lifetime thing I think for most of us and it shouldn't be any different with you. In 3 years are you going to give it up?
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JonesersRX7
    1. b) Never EVER use the word "tone" again... toning is for soccer moms in 80's spandex getups.
    a) There are many routines. I think something like HST or Max OT are great for begginers. You can search for them in the exercise forum as there is a tone of discussion on them.

2. Yes, Bi's are a seperately trained group from Tri's.

3. No.. big myth, excess protein in 3 grams does not cause liver damage. A good diet for you is something that you can follow with good whole clean foods. Search the bulking forums for guidelines on this. What weight looks good on you is up to you. That's a question for you to answer.. not us.

4. Overtraining symptoms are: Lethargy, Restless sleep, immune system weakens - get sick more, your muscles stop growing or can decrease insize. There are more but it's the most common mistake for a newbie. You will get going with a routine and feel the need to toss in another 3 sets of biceps or chest and it just builds from there.. so stick to the routines.

Weight gainer shakes are OK, but alot of them are crap with high glycemic carbs and simple sugars. Make sure you visit the bulking forum.

Why have you set a 3 year minimum on lifting? It's a lifetime thing I think for most of us and it shouldn't be any different with you. In 3 years are you going to give it up?

reps for you sir and your patience and for supporting me in the supps forum
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Thanks for the inputs..Appreciated :-)

No I dont plan to give up after three years but three years is the minimum i want to be consistent.I know after such a period of time, weights will take me in automatically :-)

Take care

Morphine
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. re-vamped workout routine + question
    By lemon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 07:44 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 03:11 PM
  3. Post your entire workout routine. :)
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science