Chest issue

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Exclamation Chest issue

my chest is bigger on the right side than on the left side ....!!!!
    i've tried working out with only DBs for like three months but didnt see much of a difference,

i wonder if anyone can help in this regards

Thx

2. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

You need to give it more than a few months for starters. Secondly, genetics play a huge role, I have always used DB's almost exclusively and my right pec is larger and fuller than my left.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  3. Registered User

Glad it's not just me! My left is the larger pec.

I thought of it like this: If you're right handed, then that side is dominant and takes over leaving more tension on the opposite side, which leads to more growth. I hope you guys are left handed.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I think it happens to all of us. I feel my left pec is bigger and harder but other people tell me they look identical, it's usually not as bad you perceive it to be
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

its normal, everyone has asymetry to some extent, we tend to notice it more in ourselves than other people do
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

great, you all made feel better, so i'm not the only abnormal person around , but is there anything that we could do to minimize the difference, my wife noticed that my right pec is bigger
    i really appreciate it if All PTs (personal trainers), Iron Vet. and Bobo chime in

cheers
  7. Gate Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Mess
    great, you all made feel better, so i'm not the only abnormal person around , but is there anything that we could do to minimize the difference, my wife noticed that my right pec is bigger
    i really appreciate it if All PTs (personal trainers), Iron Vet. and Bobo chime in

cheers
    Actually your a weirdo and freak, we are all perfectly symetrical. JK bro it's normal nobody's perfect. If it's size then you can certainly fix it if it's the shape of the muscle your options are limited. If it's size then try and use the hammer strength machines. Do only 2-3 sets for the larger pec and hammer out the smaller one.
  8. Board Supporter

Not to rain on your parade,...
    But, because I cant tell from your post if its a big difference, or just a minor one, I know that at times, one side of my chest gets more sore then the other. I usually find that I have let my form lax a little too much and THAT alone is putting more stress on a particular side, thus making it larger then the other over time.
    But,.. on the other hand, if others are telling you they cant see a difference, then your probably just fine...make a little adjustment, try some one-handed cable cross-overs, or the pec deck for a few extra sets on that side...
  9. Registered User

I had a very similiar problem as well because I only had access to a smith machine for my bench presses. Because of this, my left side developed much more than my right side (I'm left handed by the way). Anyways, after this became more noticeable to me, I completely eliminated the bench press (smith machine) and have been using DB's for about 8 months now and have really noticed a difference. Just a heads up though, it's going to take more than a couple months. To play catch up, I used heavier weights on my smaller side for the first two weeks to shock my right pec into quicker growth. Don't know if there's any significance here but it worked for me.
  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Yeah I have this problem too, my left nut is bigger then my right..Oh, wait, wrong forum..hehe..Like Xtra said asymmetry, if not genetical, can often be caused by a lax in form. Not implying your form sucks, just maybe for the past while you weren't being meticulous with it.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

thx Guys, thats very helpful, any new ideas are welcome.

Mulletsoldier, how did you fix your nuts Issue ???
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

ive been doing this for a month now, adding 5lbs plate on the left side of the bar in chest presses, things are picking up much better than DB

cheers
  13. Gold Member

Nice! Glad to hear it is working. Give us another update if you see any further progress.
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mess
    ive been doing this for a month now, adding 5lbs plate on the left side of the bar in chest presses, things are picking up much better than DB

cheers
    But the fact that it is still a barbell press means that your dominant side will take over. Right? So hypothetically wouldn't this cause your body to automatically even out the weight to have the same effect as before?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Chest and Back issues!
    By RcMonahan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 09:20 AM
  2. Chest Help/Issue
    By Will Wagner in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
  3. Lower chest issue. I have none
    By jsheely in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 02:32 PM
  4. Sage, What's Your Status (Hair Issue?)?
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 08:25 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 08:03 AM