Something a little different..

SJR87

Awards
I've been doing the basics for my legs (presses, squats, etc), but I need something new to ease boredom. Any recommendations on some different leg excercises?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing the basics for my legs (presses, squats, etc), but I need something new to ease boredom. Any recommendations on some different leg excercises?
They added a bunch of new ones on exrx.net not too long ago. Give their directory a shot.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Try playing with your stance and depth. I've narrowed my stance and started doing a rep that is just shy of the top and bottom. Once you get the rythmn going the burn is excellent.

Also try switching the order, squats kill after you have already done some high rep leg presses, easy to get a great feel for the movement.

King Komali talks about doing squats with a very light weight, 145, and going for 30 - 45 minutes straight. Not sure if I'd want to but you could vary it.

I've always found once a workout gets stale I just have to switch the order, reps or weight and things pickup again.

rocketscientist

Awards
You could superset them with the weeny ones, like leg extensions and leg curls... (order doesn't matter). I see tons of people using supersets for biceps and chest, but hardly ever for legs... I wonder why that is...:twisted:

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Fornt squats
over head squats
zercher squats
deadlifts
hack squats(BB)
lunges
side lunges
front lunges

There are 100s, these are just a few.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Front squats are the bomb for quads.

30 minutes of squatting?! I'd barf at nearly any weight.

Super slow negatives are also great for mixing it up..especially on the leg press.

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Fronts.. You know I don't do them, god wonder why I constantly want larger legs. Guess I better get in gear and try those suckas.

Try TUT (Time Under Tension) i just discovered it in another thread yesterday. It was excellent for legs the pump was wild.

Google it and you'll get the info on adjusting your rep timings - not for the wimps.