Interesting Take on Things

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Guy who has posted here and posts a lot on the HST boards and owns the hypertrophy-research boards has this site going. http://hypertrophy-research.com He's also got a 21 page PDF free ebook out right now explaining the method more in depth. Thought I'd share the site with you guys. I haven't tried the method he outlines here yet, but I may try it in a couple months when I'm done with my current 5x5. Also check the forums for the Q&A, lots of information there.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Good site, time to read:study:
The base site of hypertrophy-research.com is even better. Lots of resources there, tons of info. The only real new thing here in this method is his rep method for managing fatigue. In the Q&A he brought up a few studies showing that the stimulus for protein synthesis that was previously thought to come from oxidative stress (drop sets and metabolic work) is actually more closely correlated with overall ATP turnover. So, you'd get sufficient activation of those metabolic pathways from his method because overall energy turnover would be about the same, you just avoid the fatigue. I tried the experiment of doing 2 sets of 10 reps usual style and 20 reps with the same weight using his method. Interesting feeling to say the least.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Here's the ebook for anyone who is interested. It is free for distribution. Copyright applies as usual.

Last edited:
motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
There is some good info on that site!! Go CDB!

Dan Moore

Awards
I tried the experiment of doing 2 sets of 10 reps usual style and 20 reps with the same weight using his method. Interesting feeling to say the least.
Actually the test, as an example, I give is;

1 set to failure with your 8RM (or what ever load you already have on the DB, 4, 6, 8, 10) using DB curls, with your stronger arm (if you have one).

Then use the same load and use my Max-Stimulation style of reps on the opposite arm. 1. See how many you acheive and 2. note the feel in the Max-Stimulation arm compared to the conventional failure arm.

Dan

Hypertrophy-Research