overtrained? help please

nickhp123

Awards
I last trained traps about 2 weeks ago. The workout I did was extremely high volume and the muscle still feels sore when I stretch it, but not when I flex it. For instance if I pull my shoulders up to my ears in a shrugging motion it feels sore, but it doesn't when I flex the traps. Shoulder/ traps day is tomorrow. Do you think they are overtrained? should I take another week off from traps?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Possibly overtrained, but more than likely in need of some deep stretching. In the classic sense, overtraining really applies to your central nervous system. You basically run low on neurotransmitting chemicals while your cortisol levels shoot up. This cause physical and mental fatigue, stalling of gains and even decrease in lbm.

If in doubt, take some time off.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Soreness doesn't mean overtrained. Considering the time off, I would not skip your workout. Remember to warm the muscle up before going heavy.

phasar

Awards
  • Established
u mean to say you achieved muscle failure while working traps to the extent that 14 days has not been enough to recover?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
you're fine. if you can't recover in two weeks from a workout, it's time to take up golf. ;)

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Possibly overtrained, but more than likely in need of some deep stretching. In the classic sense, overtraining really applies to your central nervous system. You basically run low on neurotransmitting chemicals while your cortisol levels shoot up. This cause physical and mental fatigue, stalling of gains and even decrease in lbm.

If in doubt, take some time off.

Ummmmm Ya, I couldnt have said it better myself ;)