Smoking pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoolin

Awards
I am just getting started into lifting. I started about 2 yrs ago and since then have gained a little over 50lbs. I was wondering how much pot effects muscle growth. I know Arnold used to smoke but I also know that I am no Arnold. I would be willing to give it up if i was holding myself back so I would just like to hear some opinions on how badly I am hurting my growth.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I am just getting started into lifting. I started about 2 yrs ago and since then have gained a little over 50lbs. I was wondering how much pot effects muscle growth. I know Arnold used to smoke but I also know that I am no Arnold. I would be willing to give it up if i was holding myself back so I would just like to hear some opinions on how badly I am hurting my growth.
All I know is, it doesn't make me feel like myself when I smoke it.:icon_lol:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe it lowers your levels of testosterone. I honestly don't know how it's effecting your growth. I know guys who smoke and are jacked, I think it really just comes down to your preference. Alcohol doesn't help growth but most of us drink so to each his own.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe it lowers your levels of testosterone.
I could lower testosterone. The evidence that says it does was mostly in animals at high doses and I believe they were still in the normal range. Studies should be out there, I can see if I can gather them later. Basically it's probably not the best thing, but the overall effect likely won't be noticable. If however you're involved in sports that require quick reflexes, dexterity, speed, etc., its effect can and likely will be noticable.

robster11

Awards
I smoke alot and have been for quite a while and have been making constistent/good gains as long as i keep my diet in check

YonkersCBR954

Banned
Awards
i smoke ..or used to smoke and smoked alot...and so do all my friends ...it never effected me in the gym ...i never got the munchies though from smoking so it never effected my diet either ...i stopped about 3 months ago because the job i going for gives drug tests and i would rather give up smoking than not get this job ...

Status
Not open for further replies.