Lower Abdom Excersies

UK Guy

Awards
My gym is not too bad but just has some simple machines reall. I am looking for some realy good lower abdom excersies because i dont have much fat on my and i am slowly but surley starting to show a little 4 pack but the bottom 2 are just not coming out. I am reading all over this forum like a mother****er trying to work out diet and so on to get rid of the little bit of fat i have round that area but like i said its not too much because i eat okish and never drink. I am also going to try that fitday program to monitor what im eating because i would like to bulk up a little first then try some cutting but i think the main problem with my abs is not training that part of it. When im at the gym i can burn the top 4 like a son of a ***** but never seem to feel it in the bottom 2, so im obviously doing something wrong.

Apologies for posting this, i know how you all hate newbie questions:) but i just read some ab articles on here and the related articles and it seems most questions i came across are about losing the fat in the lower ab area whereas with me i know its because i cant seem to get the burn in that area right.

I appreciate all help, thank you.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
weighted leg raises or the laying leg raises w/ the machine if your gym has it.

UK Guy

Awards
By that do you mean that machine you sort of hang off so you can lift you legs straight 90 degrees while your back is flat against it, if so then Im afraid it doesnt. I have tried one of those before and that was the only time i felt worked down that area, only problem was it was a hotel gym in London where i stayed for a couple of days. The one im at just doesnt have it. All it has is those floor based ones that everyone has at home, and a sort of cruncher that you sit down in and pull a rollercoster like bar down on top of you then just crunch with it, varying the weights but like i said these only seem to do the top 4 for me.
I really wish my gym had one of those, id buy one myself aswell because my local argos has them but i live in a very small house with absolutely no room for one at all, plus the ceilings are too low for it anyway.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Hanging leg raises. If you can do 3-4 sets of those at 12-15 reps with weight added, my hat goes off to you. Let's see pictures.

UK Guy These are done with straps supporting your elbows. You can always hang from a wide grip pullup bar with wrist wraps and go for it.

UK Guy

Awards
I thought they were, well i can do those no problem with this machine http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3355257/Trail/C$cip=36237.Sports+and+leisure>C$cip=36317.Home+gym+equipment>C$cip=36326.Other+gym+equipment.htm, the machine pic there is back to front, you rest your elbows on the pads and you back against the other pad then just lift your legs straight as possible up to your chest.dont know what it would be like with weights but it should be no problem, only thing is as i said we havent got room for one and my gym doesnt have one, or anything to hang off really.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Hanging leg raises. If you can do 3-4 sets of those at 12-15 reps with weight added, my hat goes off to you. Let's see pictures.

UK Guy These are done with straps supporting your elbows. You can always hang from a wide grip pullup bar with wrist wraps and go for it.

Exactly what he said. If there are no straps in your gym, then you could purchase some online or even ask your gym manager to buy some.

Similar variation could be lieing down on the decline bench with your back on bench, holding on pads that hold your ankles when doing regular decline. Straighten legs out or slightly bent and slowly lift legs straight back to your chest concentrating on your lower abs.

UK Guy

Awards
Its not really a question of buying straps, there is no-where to hang :)
Also we do not have a decline bench.
I just wish i had more room in the house, i could buy a bench and that thing i pointed out in argos. Damn the uk and its small houses and gardens :(

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
You guys have trees over there right? Find a branch, throw two chain loops around it, insert arms, grab chains, you are in business Rambo style. Grrrr.

UK Guy

Awards
:icon_lol: I suppose we have a few. Ill just have to nip down to my local forest 10 miles away :) As we dont even have a tree in the back garden.
Ill find a way, i might stick something on the side of my shed. Either that or find room for a small bench in the house, and do weighted sit ups on an incline, that should do the job. I just read an article before about training abs heavy like any normal muscle group for best results as opposed to the traditional way of low weight high reps, so ill give this a go as well.