How often do you guys take a week off?

1. How often do you guys take a week off?

I do it about every 3 months but I'm thinking of doing it every 8 weeks..... I just took a week of last week and started lifting again on Monday (chest) and I'm sore as a bastard.... And I like it!!... I did arms last night and I'm starting to feel it now.

2. I took six days off last week due to having a kick ass flu bug. Came back Monday and did chest and was able to add two reps to my best set. Nothing hurt for the first time in awhile.

3. I usually go 12 weeks but I perpetually overtain. I just don't feel right if I am not hittin the gym. I always feel much better after taking a week off however and I want to start doing it every 6 weeks.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
    •   

4. I take a week long vacation twice a year and usually go away....during this time, I do ZERO exercise (aside from 12oz curls). Other than vacation, if I start to feel worn down, I take an extra day or two off.

Gumbo

5. I take off every 10-12 wks depending on what else is going on(e.g. school, work, etc.).

6. I take a week to 10 days off every 6 weeks. When I was younger I used to brag how I had gone for over 2 years without taking time off

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

7. usually i like to take a full week every 8 weeks or so .. and then invariably i manage to take 2 full weeks off in a row at least twice a year due to being super busy

8. I normally take a week off after 6 weeks straight, when i come back im normally a bit stronger.

9. I usually take off somewhere around after 10-12 weeks. I usually rely on my body more then a set schedule to know when to take a week or so to heal up some.

10. I've worked the rest into my program. I do 4 weeks of slightly excessive volume, which leads me to eventually overtrain. At the end of these 4 weeks I'll usually feel a little bit tired all the time, like the onset of overtraining, take 3-4 days off, then come back for 4 weeks of lower volume. After 4 months of this, I'll take a real week or even 2 off the gym. When I'm on cycle, I wait after PCT. Of course.

11. I usually just listen to my body. I can tell when Im starting to get worn down and then I'll take about 5-7 days off. I usually start to feel like this every 14 weeks or so.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    I take off every 10-12 wks depending on what else is going on
    Same here. Usually 12 weeks.

13. I feel guilty when I'm not in the gym lifting. I also always worry that I'm going to get weaker if I take a week off. I know thats mostly in my head. Actually if I take a week off, I notice the opposite. I feel better and can usually lift more. As it is now, I usually will only take a week off if I am sick or something. But I think I'm going to try to start doing something like 8 weeks on and 1 week off.

14. I think you'll find with a week off every 6-8 weeks, you will give your muscles a shock when you start back up.... Plus you give them a chance to heal up nicely before you tear them up again

15. I usually take off every 2 to 3 months depending on how I feel. The past two weeks I've missed a couple of workouts due to a bad cold and recently a horrible stomach virus.

16. Usually take a week of every 12 weeks or so. Keeps you fresh

17. If you come back stronger after taking a week off, why not allow more time off between your workouts normally? If you got stronger after a week off that is proof that you did not lose anything during that week as you obviously gained from the extra time off. Just something to think about........

Yes I'm a HIT advocate.

18. I believe in listening to my body. I know when I'm worn down and my joints hurt and then I try to take some time off. I admit it's hard to do but I think you're body will tell you when you need to rest.

19. I usually take a few days off after about 12 weeks or so. Unless Im feeling sick, i will take off then. I don't take a week off, I usually take a few days off. I usually go real light the other days. I don't like taking time away from the gym.

20. Time off?

21. Not many people say anything negative happened when they took a week off..........

22. Quote Originally Posted by charliewat
    Time off?
    lol exactly ...

23. Quote Originally Posted by phil216
    If you come back stronger after taking a week off, why not allow more time off between your workouts normally? If you got stronger after a week off that is proof that you did not lose anything during that week as you obviously gained from the extra time off. Just something to think about........

Yes I'm a HIT advocate.
    You make me laugh dude, have you posted in a single thread without hawking HIT?..Though, I suppose this would be one of the few that it is warranted..Not starting anything either, just merely stating..Anyway, I like to do around 3-4 months as well

24. Every 6 to 8, makes for much better gains and maintains, for me any way.

25. Hey what can I say I like HIT. With that being said i have posted may times withut mentioning HIT or Mentzer when in the other parts of this board.

26. I'll say every 8/10 weeks, and everytime i feel stronger.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how often do you guys change your split?
    By codymichaud in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 07:24 AM
  2. How often do you inject a week?
    By Nemesis RR in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
  3. My god, how do you guys take Bulk PowerFULL?
    By Dalamara in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM
  4. How often do you guys train each bodypart?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 06:49 PM
  5. How often do you take a week off?
    By goldylight in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 10:45 AM